NAFO - Get Home Safe peeps!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack and I got caught up in the jam caused by the fatal wreck that closed 80 at Big Springs Nebraska...staying in North Platte and restarting in the AM.

I also got caught in the I-80 traffic jam but I made a u turn in the median waived at whom I'm pretty sure was MNFJR05 and jack and took a detour south and came back onto I-80 at north platte and pulled into home at 10:00 PM good to be home . Got to put a lot of faces to names . Fantastic trip!!!

Holed up at a Quality Inn in Tuba City Arizona. I kinda tend to shy away from electrical storms.

I stopped a few hours earlier to prep my slow cooker.

e306bcef-0675-4c3a-a7cf-4c17825d1522_zpsisbh3jah.jpg

Plugged in & ready to go riding/cooking.

f6b5f440-fa8b-4b2b-954c-6ee45ecbbef0_zpsijt8cskb.jpg

Fast Forward 3 hours...

Mmmm Mmmm Good !

b46d1e47-a3b1-4c50-a3e5-87dcdbbb427a_zpsusvissup.jpg

Brodie

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooley and I ran the 600 miles from Montrose to Phx in about 11 hours. Everything went smooth as butter until we got caught up in a 10 mile traffic jam approaching Payson, about 2 hrs from home. It was pouring cats and dogs and we managed to 'improvise' in skirting about 300 bottle-necked cars. Saved us about 2 hours of waiting and getting drenched.

Really enjoyed the rally and getting to know a lot more new folks. This really is a great bunch when we all get together. A big thanks to AJ, Wayne, Marty and anyone else that had a hand in putting this together.

Out of the parking lot at 4am, home by 10pm. Trip summary: Dark at first. Really f'n dark. Around daybreak, exchanged enthusiastic thumbs up with a NAFO participant in a panel van (Smitty, maybe?) somewhere around Poncha Springs. Local in a Civic served as a nice rabbit going into Canon City. Rode Skyline Drive. Then Kansas. Lots of f'n Kansas. Then home. The end.

Saw some stunning scenery in SW CO, and will be returning to take in more someday! Thanks to Marty, Bob, Wayne, AJ and associated others who put this together. Great venue, location, riding, and friends.

Out of the parking lot at 4am, home by 10pm. Trip summary: Dark at first. Really f'n dark. Around daybreak, exchanged enthusiastic thumbs up with a NAFO participant in a panel van (Smitty, maybe?) somewhere around Poncha Springs. Local in a Civic served as a nice rabbit going into Canon City. Rode Skyline Drive. Then Kansas. Lots of f'n Kansas. Then home. The end.
Saw some stunning scenery in SW CO, and will be returning to take in more someday! Thanks to Marty, Bob, Wayne, AJ and associated others who put this together. Great venue, location, riding, and friends.
If that van says "free candy" on the side, it's definitely Smitty141!

biggrin.png

Took the scenic route home, through Aspen and Independence Pass, got caught in the heavy I-70 Traffic but home eventually

Great meeting you peeps this past weekend, fun times in my home playground of Colorado

Kellie and I took our time. Stopped in Denver to have lunch with a good friend of mine so that delayed us a bit.

We got alerts about the slow traffic and I was tempted to route around it but Waze still said I-80 was my best route option. We saw the aftermath of that wreck and traffic was still stopped and really slow.

Pushed on and pulled in the garage at 2:30am Central.

Jack and I got caught up in the jam caused by the fatal wreck that closed 80 at Big Springs Nebraska...staying in North Platte and restarting in the AM.
I also got caught in the I-80 traffic jam but I made a u turn in the median waived at whom I'm pretty sure was MNFJR05 and jack and took a detour south and came back onto I-80 at north platte and pulled into home at 10:00 PM good to be home . Got to put a lot of faces to names . Fantastic trip!!!

Jessica and I made it back to Bartlesville by 1pm central time today. It was hot hot hot going through Hwy50 in Eastern Colorado. From the Royal Gorge east to Garden City Kansas it was over 100F. Over 2,000 miles for us on this trip! Thanks for the awesome swag and a great time everybody!
finger.gif

Left in a light rain at 0630 Sunday morning. Rode over the Grand Mesa, one encounter with a old Cow Moose and her Calf, all survived. Lunch in Rawlins WY at noon, skirted a few thunderstorms to Casper, up to Gillette and home on I-90. 660 miles in 11.5 total hours of which 10 were on the bike. Thanks to Marty, AJ and Bob for a great venue.

Jack and I are home as of 4:30pm Monday. 70 miles of pea soup fog out of North Platte and then 70 more miles of rain from just outside Omaha almost all the way to Des Moines. The boy got a good dose of the ugly side of the ride today.

I can't say thank you enough to all of you who made Jack feel welcomed at NAFO. He enjoyed all of your company and he did give me a little inside on our group...he told my wife, "Mom, it's a bunch of older people, but they all act like kids!" He meant it in a good way...a young mind keeps you young at heart. You can count us both in for NAFO 2018!

Amishfjr and I arrived in Tucson at noon today, but it seems I left my tires in Colorado.
DSCN0885_zpsxlxfucv1.jpg

Just ordered a set.

Big thank you to A J, Wayne, and Marty for making everything work.

Oh yeah and F U Bob.
biggrin.png

Made it home today. Had the pleasure of running I40 across northern AZ during the monsoon on Sunday. Many rain squalls and hail storms. Old rain suit decided to leak. Lost my luggage rain cover. Had to settle in in Kingman to let it pass. Definitely surely not a fun day.

Had a great time at the rally. Met lots of really good people.

Made it home today. Had the pleasure of running I40 across northern AZ during the monsoon on Sunday. Many rain squalls and hail storms. Old rain suit decided to leak. Lost my luggage rain cover. Had to settle in in Kingman to let it pass. Definitely surely not a fun day.

Had a great time at the rally. Met lots of really good people.

Left Montrose yesterday morning and ended up in Ely, NV after a long, hot ride with the last five minutes enduring rain, wind, golf ball sized hail that raised welts on my arm (yes, I was wearing my jacket)... never a dull moment. Hung out with the Highlanders and Bluestreeks and shared a dinner together, watched the sunset, and had a few laughs... good times, good times, GOOD TIMES!! B)

Yes, I'll have a few pictures coming... ;)