2017 FJR- Anyone heard anything?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cota95

RI Beach Pop
Reaction score
I know it's early but I figured I'd ask. Color? Changes?

I'm starting my retirement in November and I think I may buy myself a little present.

I started in 04 with the POP order (priority ordering plan? gave them $500 in December of 03 and got my new bike in September 04). Since then I've had an 06 (also POP), 06AE(briefly), 07, and my current 13. Each one has been better than the last one. George

Already? Wow.

I heard they are going to be primer gray but there will be a gallon of Yamaha paint in your choice of one of 6 different shades of silver included in the purchase price. They will have a 4 speed transmission and will be air cooled. No word yet on displacement or number of cylinders.

They will be shipped without a seat or a windshield because no one has ever been happy with the OE seat or shield anyway. They will come with a Bridgestone T30 GT on the front and your choice of a Michelin PR4 GT or a Michelin Exalto Car Tire on the rear.

MSRP will be just under $36K

smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

In other words, No. No one has said or posted any information on the 2017 yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard it will be the first fully autonomous boulevard cruiser. Built in phone for texting, lane control, collision avoidance, enclosed shell for rider protection and of course Raven Black will be the only color offered.

All above good, always wanted the car tire and 4 speed is perfect. Thanks guys, I knew I could count on you.
rolleyes.gif

Iggy wrote:
Does Cota95 get a prize for being the first to ask this year?
smile.png
LOL
Nope! No prize. Just documenting the first of what likely will is a string of people that are ADD and don't seem to learn anything new over the years..and/or like to semi-troll. I expect a series of other sloppy folks to start new threads and I'll go though slapping them down with a statement like "You're the x (where x is the incremental counter I put in the upper left) person to post this NEPRT thread. Go read the existing thread on this. Thread closed."

And I'm sure it will miff off a few during the process. This is my cross to bear...oh well.

The person that posts a link of the ACTUAL 2017 model first gets a prize. They get to have a pinned thread and bragging rights for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts