Removing side case blanks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solomookie

Reaction score
Once you snap in the blanks that cover up the side case holes, how hard is it to get them back out; and how do you do it?

I like the look of the FJR without the side cases, and there are times when I don't need the convenience of the cases being on. As I look at the clips on the blanks, it appears to be a "card laid, card played" kind of deal. Can the blanks be popped in and out without destroying them?

They are easy to pop on and off. There is a small screwdriver slot on the bottom to pop them back off.

I usually just use top two on each side and they are quite easy to do after a couple

I used a screwdriver the first few times, but realized I could actually remove them using my finger instead by simply pulling up on the slot. They pop right off without excessive force needed.

Excellent; thanks! I was afraid to click them into position without knowing if I could get them back out.

Keep in mind that there are three different caps (not interchangeable) on each side...at least there are on the Gen 3

Last edited by a moderator: