Lower Cowl with no emblem

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all...I'm in the market for a new RHS lower cowl and hope to get it without any marking or emblem so that it matches my other side. Is there a year in the US that the Black Metallic X (SMX) FJR was sold without any emblem on the lower cowl?

Or if anyone knows the differences between these part numbers - all listed for 2008/2009 RHS SMX Lower Cowls -

3P6-Y283K-L0-P5
3P6-Y283K-B0-P5
3P6-Y283K-A0-P7
3P6-Y283K-K0-P7

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally emblems are a separate part number. In the event that the plastic comes with emblem already attached, it's not difficult to remove with a hair dryer and a piece of fishing line (Sawing motion between emblem and plastic).

Check parts shark or other vendors for microfiche and part availability for what you're looking for. Once you have a part number you ,as be able to find something cheaper on ebay.

According to the parts fiche for both '08 & '09, the emblem is listed as a separate item. Pretty sure if you order the lower front plastic you're going to get a bare [painted] one.

--G

I think the 2008 and 2009 are a different part number. Are the colors identical?

The other differences you will find are for the California model. Different arrangement of holes at the bottom to accommodate the attachment of the charcoal canister and hole for an extra vent hose.

I didn't receive an emblem with a new cowl for my '14.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah OK...after a bit more digging I see that I might've been getting confused the way the various models are listed on the US sites. They list all the models including the Californian models but then in each model (Californian or otherwise) they display both the U49 part and the CA part. I had thought as long as I was looking up a U49 model that all parts listed there would be for U49 models only, but I now see from the link posted that this is not the case. It didn't help that I had also been using partzilla who don't include the area suffixes in their parts listings.. Although this doesn't explain why there are different part numbers for the same part between 2008 and 2009.

Latest posts