2007 FJR for $6499?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderH

Reaction score
Looking at a couple FJR's. Found one I like, 2007, 16,000 miles. Very good condition. Does $6499.00 sound about right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not awful but not great. Depends on what's available locally and what (if any) extras go with it. i.e. aftermarket seat, top case etc. Probably worth having a look.

Aftermarket stuff means a lot. FJR's can sport thousands of dollars worth of stuff. If it's box stock, I'd keep looking. What's it got on it?

Nope, too much money. Knock another $750 off to get down to current market pricing.

Unless you're in love with the color, you're better off finding a '08 or newer. Lots of incremental improvements you can't ignore.

Happy hunting!

--G

Handlebar risers, larger windshield (not sure of brand), throttle meister throttle lock, yamaha accessory seat. looks like lowered passenger pegs. I will get the original windshield and seat with it.

Nope, too much money. Knock another $750 off to get down to current market pricing.
Unless you're in love with the color, you're better off finding a '08 or newer. Lots of incremental improvements you can't ignore.

Happy hunting!

--G
What is different between 07 and 08?

Happy hunting!

--G
Not a lot of difference. There were some changes made to the ABS but no huge deal. They improved throttle smoothness a bit - early Gen II were a fairly abrupt at low throttle openings. Don't think much else. The 2007 color is the best looking, IMO.

It's further away, but substantially less expensive than the one you found: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/169212-2006-fjr1300a-colorado-springs/
EDIT: I'm also happy to provide my honest and unbiased opinion if you'd like me to check it out in person (I'm only an hour away)
Thanks for the offer but I'm not interested in dealing with shipping.
Where are you in PA? I've owned an 04, 05, 06, and 2014. If you're close I could probably steer you in the right direction locally.

It's further away, but substantially less expensive than the one you found: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/169212-2006-fjr1300a-colorado-springs/
EDIT: I'm also happy to provide my honest and unbiased opinion if you'd like me to check it out in person (I'm only an hour away)
Where are you in PA? I've owned an 04, 05, 06, and 2014. If you're close I could probably steer you in the right direction locally.
I'm in Hatboro, near Willow Grove.

I also found an 08 that I like with 13000 miles. Price is $6999.00 firm. Problem there is they cant take my bike on trade because the FJR is on consignment.

Happy hunting!

--G
Improved ABS, transmission and mucho better fueling. '07 was probably the worst year FJR in regards to down low throttle snatch / abruptness. The issue can be fixed and/or ridden around and wouldn't be a deal breaker for the right [priced/condition] bike.

--G

Wheels are different after 07, if you bend a rim on a 07 you have three years to pick from 08 and up are all the same. Ask the guy what has bent three rims on a 07,

I'm in Hatboro, near Willow Grove.

I also found an 08 that I like with 13000 miles. Price is $6999.00 firm. Problem there is they cant take my bike on trade because the FJR is on consignment.
$7000 is a lot of money for an 08, unless it's got a ton of accessories. You can buy a Gen3 (2013) today for for $8800 in Central Jersey (craigslist)

https://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/5690115018.html

Patience Grasshopper, there really are some great deals to be had if you don't mind doing the homework.

This might be the deal of the week (from cycletrader) A new 2015A for $9795

https://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/Five-Star-Powersports-3011592/listing/2015-Yamaha-FJR1300A-119120498

If you like the '07 w/ 16K you found go for it. You can dick around for 10's or 100's of hours searching, traveling to see other bikes, etc. Sounds like you can do the trade on your current bike with that one. So it's $750 above "market price". Is your time worth minimum wage (I'm guessing you'd say it's worth a lot more than that....)? There's 100 extra hours of searching, losing out on the best riding time of the year. A Gen II w/16K will give you your money's worth and then some for that price
smile.png

If you like the '07 w/ 16K you found go for it. You can dick around for 10's or 100's of hours searching, traveling to see other bikes, etc. Sounds like you can do the trade on your current bike with that one. So it's $750 above "market price". Is your time worth minimum wage (I'm guessing you'd say it's worth a lot more than that....)? There's 100 extra hours of searching, losing out on the best riding time of the year. A Gen II w/16K will give you your money's worth and then some for that price
smile.png
There is great wisdom in this. If searching around for a good deal brings you joy then by all means do it. For some people that's a fun thing to do. But if it brings you stress, determine what each hour wasted in frustration shopping for a better deal would cost you at your current (or past) wage. Factor that into the purchase.

I picked my 08 up with under 13k miles for $5800.00. The matching factory trunk was also included.

Deals are out there,but remember that cash is King!

But I picked up mine through a private sale.

I personally, would look to sell my bike first. Then save enough cash to buy private sale outright. Thus saving on dealer mark up,tax, doc fee's,etc.

That alone would save you money to add the farkles "you" want. Unless you find the deal of the year. Then i say go for it!