Yokosuka Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank You, Kitt190. I was stationed at Yokosuka, Japan in the Navy on the USS Midway for 4 years. I lived in Negishi Heights, Yokohama Navy housing and I loved every minute of it. I had the time of my life there. I was offered a job there. Sometimes, I wish I would've taken it. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
You're missing out only on the 'shoulda coulda' Yes it is an awesome place, yes it's a LOT of fun, yes it's Japan and living here as an American is AMAZING. BUT!!! Kicking yourself over what if in the past won't help, besides after doing my Navy stints, unless something better comes up I'm aiming to retire in the Pacific Northwest. Beautiful, great riding 80% of the year, can go year round (if you're ready to brave a snow or 2) and better roads to ride and explore then Japan. I spent most of my time on my 06 Honda Shadow going up and down the Hood Canal, several areas of seattle, much of the peninsula, some inland but mostly along the coasts and in the forests. Suquamish (I am so spelling that wrong) Kingston, Edmonds, Poulsbo, hell even Bangor and Bremerton were a lot of fun to trail through. I'm currently in Kugo-Cho myself, and now that it's hot and muggy up here I can honestly say I truely miss PNW. Hot there? Yes, muggy? Not in the 4 years I was there.

I spent 9 years in Okinawa with a number of trips to the Kanto plain area. Gotta love "driving by mirror" on those narrow streets!

Those photos bring back memories! I too was stationed at Okinawa, but only 18 months, it was fun though. I miss the side view mirrors on the fenders, as they work so much better in that location. Thanks for sharing!