Wheel Swap?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kieefjr

Genlll SS
Reaction score
I did a pretty good attempt of a search and I'm sure it's on here somewhere, I even saw a mention of this in a thread last night but didn't reply at the time.

I'm hanging on to my rear wheel from my wrecked 2005 thinking I could have a quick tire/wheel change onto my newer bike once I get it. I've decided my new bike is going to be a GenIII.

From what I read last night there was a change in 2007 and the wheels won't interchange with 2008 models and up.

Can someone explain the changes and confirm this?

Along this subject is the question of the rear drives, are they interchangeable with all models? I'm also hanging onto a RMSports Max rear drive gear for the same reason.

Thanks!

I did a pretty good attempt of a search and I'm sure it's on here somewhere, I even saw a mention of this in a thread last night but didn't reply at the time.
<broken record>What specifically did you try searching on? Thank you.</broken record>

From what I read last night there was a change in 2007 and the wheels won't interchange with 2008 models and up.
Covered in the FJR Model Comparison Matrix. I have spent (and still spend) considerable time on this detail.

Along this subject is the question of the rear drives, are they interchangeable with all models?
Also covered there for interchangeability. You want to get the details of why they're not plug-and-play and what needs to be altered...swaps between generations have been talked about a fair number of times on the forum before.

Last edited by a moderator:
<broken record>What specifically did you try searching on? Thank you.</broken record>

Covered in the FJR Model Comparison Matrix. I have spent (and still spend) considerable time on this detail.

Along this subject is the question of the rear drives, are they interchangeable with all models?
Also covered there for interchangeability. You want to get the details of why they're not plug-and-play and what needs to be altered...swaps between generations have been talked about a fair number of times on the forum before.
Last night I read a thread with "wheels and 2007" in the subject so I thought a search would bring that up but no luck. I also looked through "bin of facts" and saw the model comparison but the PDF would not open. I can see it on my phone but its too small and my desk top doesn't open it.

I knew I would get the rain-of-iggy telling me to use the search but I was SOL, sorry you had to throw your broken record on again.

Now if I can figure out why your PDF is not opening.
banghead.gif

EDIT;

Got it, opened it on my phone and emailed to my desktop, opened up fine and NOW SAVED IN MY DOWNLOADS so maybe, not promising, but maybe I won't have to sound like a broken record again.
jerry.gif

Last night I read a thread with "wheels and 2007" in the subject so I thought a search would bring that up but no luck.
Glad you found the sheet. It not opening on a device is probably that device issue with an assignment of .pdf extension.

Thank you for including the specific term you tried! :clapping:

Remember that the 3 letter word "and" in the native search isn't going to work so well. Four ore more letter words are helpful. Also, perhaps singular wheel 2007 might yield other results.

kieefjr posted: <snip, snip, snip> Last night I read a thread with "wheels and 2007" in the subject so I thought a search would bring that up but no luck. I also looked through "bin of facts" and saw the model comparison but the PDF would not open. I can see it on my phone but its too small and my desk top doesn't open it.
Advanced Search (gear icon to the right of the search box) works much better than regular-octane search. Much, much better.

For example, I searched for "wheel swap" (use the quotation marks in Advanced Search), and allowed any time frame, any author, titles and content. Got 9 hits. Not sure any of them will be useful, but 9 hits is a better result than zero hits. Also searched for "2007 wheels" and got 3 hits, but one's by SkooterG, so it's worthless. Can't link to my search results, but they should be repeatable.

Not calling you out -- absolutely not -- just trying to be helpful next time you want to search.

(To SkooterG: It was very nice to finally meet you in Montrose. Thanks for making the trip!)

Last night I read a thread with "wheels and 2007" in the subject so I thought a search would bring that up but no luck.
Glad you found the sheet. It not opening on a device is probably that device issue with an assignment of .pdf extension.

Thank you for including the specific term you tried!
clapping.gif

Remember that the 3 letter word "and" in the native search isn't going to work so well. Four ore more letter words are helpful. Also, perhaps singular wheel 2007 might yield other results.
Actually I did put in the search only "wheels 2007". I aware that "and" would have picked up more than I wanted.

Thanks

Just think how much better that wheel will look on my 2005 Galaxy Blue ABS than not working on your P.O.S. Gen III.
punk.gif

It all yours for the right price.

No discount since you called the GenIII a POS.
smile.png