Gen II and III centerstand interchangeable?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrbird

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to fit gen III centerstand to gen II bike? I've looked at the diagram of both model and they look almost identical except for the pedal type on gen III. The diagrams however don't indicate any dimensions so it's hard to say about the fitment. Pulling my bike on its centersand is still a huge task for me and wishing it's easy like my other bike Bandit 1250. I read somewhere in this forum that gen III is much easier to get on the stand. Perhaps those owners who have both models can chime in for the fitment assessment.

Oh no, here we go again...

Look here and find the Martix - https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/forum/77-faqs-and-common-historical-info/

phi.gif

I wouldn't say the III is much easier to get on the center stand but it is easier. If my guess counts, they are the same.

My guess is the center stands are the same height. There was a ride height change to GenIII..... makes it easier to get on the stand. You could try a 190 rear tire as it is a slightly larger diameter.

2012 Center Stand (Gen II):

2013 Center Stand (Gen III):

My understanding is the difference in the foot pad (at least) makes the Gen III easier to get on the stand. I know mine is a piece-o-cake, even fully loaded for the long haul.

Da

yea, that is the same charts I've looked at but without the dimension it's hard to know they're the same. in regard to height. If gen III ride height is higher, it's definitely easier to get on the stand. As RaYzerman points out, going 190 might help.