KTM Twins

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
So what could be better than a 990 supermoto? Two of them!! KTM never brought that many Supermoto's in their 3 year run to the states so it's rare to see one.

Recently I met a guy from the ADV forum who picked a slightly used Katoom so we met in Truckee yesterday. From there we rode north to Sierraville for a late breakfast then up Yuba Pass and over Gold Lakes road to Greyeagle where it was to dang hot so we back tracked to Truckee where he was headed back to Fallon, Nv. Turns out he's in the Navy and is a forward air strike air boss who calls the shots for the F 18's on their practice bomb runs.

That's my 10 on the left and his 13 on the right, double trouble
evil.gif

IMG_4591_zpsfogr5htn.jpg

IMG_4592_zps16ykr91h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Laid eyes and sat on a new 1290GT last weekend...you're a bad influence Bug!

Don't know what I would use it for, but sure would be great fun!!
yes2.gif

--G

The GT is at dealers now? Well I have to go find one to look at....I don't think it would take me long to learn what to do with it, I would start with, taking it to AR...JSES

The GT is at dealers now? Well I have to go find one to look at....I don't think it would take me long to learn what to do with it, I would start with, taking it to AR...JSES
Two of our local dealers have (had) them. One told me that each dealer was allotted one (1) GT and they were supposed to use it as a demo bike. Something about free flooring for a few months and then it could be sold. When I saw a plate on the first one, I of course asked to ride it...that's when I was told it had already sold. So much for a demo... Both dealers indicated they wouldn't get another GT until next year and it would be a '17.

--G

There was a KTM Rally in Deadwood SD this past weekend, although it was an Adventure Bike event, they had a truck full of their street bikes available for Demo Rides as well. The GT was a popular bike with a long list for test rides.

Quite interesting to watch the Adventure Bikes in their competitions on the dirt. Several Pro KTM riders really made the big bikes do some amazing stuff.

I have a 2010 KTM SMT and it's the coolest bike I've ever owned. Lightweight. Fast. Great looking. I pray every time I pull her out of the garage to keep my brain connected to my wrist and remember I'm not 18 anymore! It is a great bike!!! Still can't believe they did away with it. It draws looks every time I'm out. Smiles for miles!!

I have a 2010 KTM SMT and it's the coolest bike I've ever owned. Lightweight. Fast. Great looking. I pray every time I pull her out of the garage to keep my brain connected to my wrist and remember I'm not 18 anymore! It is a great bike!!! Still can't believe they did away with it. It draws looks every time I'm out. Smiles for miles!!
That's a sexy bike. I LOVE my KTM.

Laid eyes and sat on a new 1290GT last weekend...you're a bad influence Bug!
Don't know what I would use it for, but sure would be great fun!!
yes2.gif

--G
Haven't seen the GT close up BUT if you had one George, you'd know what to do.
punk.gif
Paraphrasing George S Patton - "when you look next to you and see the puddle of goo that used to be your best friend's face, you'll know what to do"

There was a KTM Rally in Deadwood SD this past weekend, although it was an Adventure Bike event, they had a truck full of their street bikes available for Demo Rides as well. The GT was a popular bike with a long list for test rides.
Quite interesting to watch the Adventure Bikes in their competitions on the dirt. Several Pro KTM riders really made the big bikes do some amazing stuff.
This clip blew my mind..... Might have attached this here somewhere already so my apologies if this is a repeat

Nice, Bugdoode.. so who was faster?
Me.

One look at his rear tire said it all, ask Russperry-he knows of what I speak
wink.png

The Katoom guy is a bit of a squid, removed his jacket and gloves as it heated up to ride in a t shirt .
sad.png

I do recall the approval you received for the lack of chicken strips on the KTM. Luckily for you I can't find the related photo.....