2007, Pulled the trigger

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderH

Reaction score
A follow up to this thread https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/169452-2007-fjr-for-6499/

I'm officially an FJR owner. I was able to work the guy down from $6499 to $5600, so I pulled the trigger. 10,800 miles, mint condition. New tires, new battery, and oil was just changed. This thing is awesome. Cant wait to start farkling it up. Thanks for all the advice on the previous thread.

Some pics from the craigs list add.

Made it home before the rain rolled in, It was dark and pictures are not that great.

Congratulations! Love that color.

I'm also new to the FJR. I have owned and still own lots of other great bikes but lately my "New" '09 FJR always seems to be the one that ends up parked closest to the garage door! 😁

Last edited by a moderator:
I did have to sell one of my bikes to get this one. I have the other up for sale but I wont be heart broken if it does not sell.

If you are handy, check ALL the fluids to be sure they are both fresh and filled to the proper level.

Personally, I do a FULL baseline service on every used bike I buy, even knowing that I'm probably doing some things early or redundantly. I like the feeling of KNOWING, ABSOLUTELY AND FOR CERTAIN, the status of every service item on the machine I'm trusting with my life. I have been surprised and disappointed more than once to discover that services represented as current WEREN'T!

ENJOY!!!

You've gotten yourself a lot of motorcycle for the money. Great buy.
Thanks, I'm glad it worked out. When I first started looking it was pretty gloom. I hung in there and did my homework and I think I got a good deal.

Great looking bike, well done. You will not be disappointed.
Thank you. My last Yamaha was an FZ1 and I loved that as well.

Congratulations, that's a beautiful, well taken care of bike!
Thank you. The previous owner had a pretty well documented service history.

If you are handy, check ALL the fluids to be sure they are both fresh and filled to the proper level.
Personally, I do a FULL baseline service on every used bike I buy, even knowing that I'm probably doing some things early or redundantly. I like the feeling of KNOWING, ABSOLUTELY AND FOR CERTAIN, the status of every service item on the machine I'm trusting with my life. I have been surprised and disappointed more than once to discover that services represented as current WEREN'T!

ENJOY!!!
I will giving it the once over for sure. Thanks for the tip.

I remember my 07 looking that nice once, at 92,000 miles it doesn't look quite as shinny but it still make me smile.

The off idle throttle response could be better but I'm hoping for another 92,000 out of it and many more smiles.

Awesome. Some pretty common upgrades for an 07 are a power commander and a G2 throttle tube. Look under the seat to see if there is a power commander. For the throttle tube roll the throttle grip back see if it is aluminum.

Awesome. Some pretty common upgrades for an 07 are a power commander and a G2 throttle tube. Look under the seat to see if there is a power commander. For the throttle tube roll the throttle grip back see if it is aluminum.
The PO said he replaced the throttle tube, he did not say with what though. He said it had a smaller cable hump for smoother throttle? I'll look for the power commander. What is the benefit of the power commander? I usually like to ride the bikes for a while before doing any performance mods, that way I can see/feel the difference.

The PO said he replaced the throttle tube, he did not say with what though. He said it had a smaller cable hump for smoother throttle? I'll look for the power commander. What is the benefit of the power commander? I usually like to ride the bikes for a while before doing any performance mods, that way I can see/feel the difference.
The Power Commander is NOT about making more horsepower. If properly set up, it can help richen the mixture at low throttle openings and smooth the response. The '06 and '07 both suffer from a somewhat "snatchy" throttle. FWIW, My bike was bought slightly used (12,000 mi) and the previous owner had installed a Power Commander. I removed it and while the throttle was a bit more abrupt, fuel mileage improved dramatically. If its not on the bike, try it before you invest.

Congrats on the purchase, hopefully we'll see you at Tech Day or some ride in the near future
biggrin.png
Hey Nick, Long time no see. How have you been. Kitch and I met up with Tim, Leanne and Brady for while they were in town. Hope to ride with you guys again real soon.