Good shop in Dana Point area of SoCal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valkmike

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good maintenance shop in the Dana Point, San Clemente, Laguna Niguel area of SoCal.

Just for normal type maintenance, tire mounting, etc.

Any recommendations out there?

Thanks for your usual helpful input.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been super satisfied with Metric Method in Irvine/Laguna Hills. I know it's as close as you'd like, but their service quality and prices are head and shoulders above what you'd expect. They had a rough spell a couple of years ago and their reviews from that period reflect it. But they've really turned it around and become the go-to shop for most of the guys I ride with.

As a bonus, they have an H2R in their waiting room!

https://www.metricmethod.com/

Thanks Frank .... I'll check them out. Looks like they're very close to Mission Motor Sports (who I'm not impressed with).

Went to Mission just one time and only for parts. Wasn't impressed. Won't go back.

I had MM mount a new front tire for me today. They gave me internet pricing for the B-Stone BT30. Labor came in at $40. Their labor rates are what I'd consider "normal". Quality of service is well above par - they even washed my bike.

I work 1/4 mile away, so I drop mine off in the morning and come back for it at the end of the day - can't comment on quick they are. I am sometimes tempted to just sit in the waiting room drool at that H2R
omg2.gif

A little late here with a response, but I tried San Clemente Riders Supply for a new front tire. They were the same price on a T30 as Cycle City in Lake Forest. Cycle City is near where I work, and I've been happy with them.

SCRS did a good job in my opinion. I was pleased with the price and the service.

I will probably go back there when I need a new rear tire.

I like the fact that they're near my house, and that they're independent. They're also open until 7 pm, so I have time to go home, take the wheel off the bike, take it to SCRS and have it back on the bike the same night.

My .02 worth.

Leo

The more that I go to Metric Method, the more they impress me. I took the FJR in for a major (catch-up) service last week. Sync the throttle bodies, valve adjustment, all fluids, bearing repacks & new tires. Svc Mgr contacted me and told me that valves were within spec and didn't need adjustment and the swingarm bearings didn't need service. Saved me $200 - $300. They are not the cheapest in town for tires (expect list prices), but for mechanical service, they're 5-stars.