Anyone know this stainless bar end-weight?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2n2iao.jpg

8wjvjs.jpg

I lost one in a spill and would like the same again if possible - does anyone recognise this bar weight?

Why don't you just weigh the remaining end? Wife's food scale, maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't tell from the end view...maybe older design FJRGoodies? Very similar to what I've had on my FJR's for years.

--G

Can't tell from the end view...maybe older design FJRGoodies? Very similar to what I've had on my FJR's for years.
--G
That's what I think was thinking. Top Gun bar-end. Maker (Bill McAvan) is no longer alive, I used to have a set...until my sheep encounter.

Thanks for the replies guys -

The weight is 7.7oz. I had originally conrtacted HVMP who had told me that they engrave all their weights. Those 1st gen Top Guns look very similar but from what I've seen of them it looks like the mounting bolt hex head is only a mill or two from the end of the weight whereas the one I have has the mounting bolt recessed way down inside the weight (it's not that clear in the photo). I'll keep looking and maybe I'll have to get someone to make me one up, or else I could go HVMP on a pair as they offered me a discount when I made the enquiry with them
smile.png