Sometimes you have to leave the ground - to fly!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puppychow

RAWR
Reaction score
I have always maintained that riding a motorcycle is the closest you will ever get to flying, without ever leaving the ground. Although, sometimes - you have to, and it is definitely very OK to float off the ground, and soar into the sky! This occasion was my big four-O! Life supposedly begins anew at the big four-O! It certainly started on a very high note, with a wonderful surprise birthday gift from my American family.
smile.png

Link to the story and pictures below:

https://motorcyclewanderings.blogspot.com/2016/08/sometimes-you-have-to-leave-ground-to_27.html

DSC_2300_zpszlucwdaj.jpg

Thank you for reading!

Thanks for sharing this. Great photo essay in a beautiful area. I lived in Mill VAlley, CA during the last half of my Senior year and one of our weekend excursions was to go up to the Napa/Sonoma area and tour a couple of wineries. Lots of fun.

I remember my first (and only) flight in a balloon in Colorado. Really neat. Now, I have to ask Puppychow, if this was your first flight were you initiated with champagne and dirt on the head?
smile.png

That was some gift! Congratulations on your birthday, and having such a memorable one at that. Well done :good:

Wonderful pictures Sam! Can't say I have any interest in taking a hot air balloon ride...but it looks like the festivities after the ride made for a excellent ending.

Happy 40th B-Day!

--G

Thanks guys! It was a great way to start my 40s. Want to make it another fun decade to look forward to. :)

I didn't realize that dirt and champagne on the head were part of the initiation rituals, fortunately for me - neither did anyone-else! :p

I have a great family - both birth and adopted! and great friends - many of whom are on this forum. Triply lucky! :)