Coming back to the Yamaha family

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blind Squirrel

Reaction score
I am getting the dirty cousin of the FJR. This upcoming Saturday (3 September) I am flying to Ohio to pick up a 2014 Super Tenere.
w00t.gif

2014Tenere.jpg

Nice bike!

Picked up mine this spring in Romney WV. I'm amazed that something this heavy handles so well on the back roads and dirt.

Still love the BMW, but I want to be able to do some light dirt. When I went BMW, I did so because Yamaha didn't have the features I was looking for on a bike (cruise control, electronic suspension, better ergonomics). Now, not only does Yamaha have the features, they have them in a dual sport package, so I can get what I want at Yamaha prices and reliability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost all, I don't see it ripping through tight trails like a 250 CC. Still, it is a nice bike.

Dave

I really like this bike! I wanted to buy to replace my FZ6, but his big problem (for me) are what my wife thinks that. When I made him try before buying, she refused to go on it, "too ugly" to her ...
So to comfort me I took the FJR.

Good ride on this nice bike

Hey Squirrel,

I just bought a 60th anniversary Yellow one. My old knees were starting to feel cramped on the FJR. I love this thing and it does everything very well. The "F "was faster no doubt but this Bike runs really well up here in the altitude and it will lean as far as you have the Balls to take it. Good choice even if the looks aren't for everyone.

Almost all, I don't see it ripping through tight trails like a 250 CC. Still, it is a nice bike.
Dave
That's fine with me. I don't intend to rip through tight trails or do any single track (unless I have no other choice). I'm getting too old for that type of stuff. Things don't heal as quickly as they used to.

I think the ergonomics and engine will be similar to my RT. Only now I don't have to worry about hitting the dirt roads.