10/10ths #10 50ccTHW/Sunset to Sunrise/East Coast 2000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I signed up for a 50cc The Hard Way ride (Coney Island, NY to Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, CA) some time ago

thinking that this would be the ride where I flipped 300k on the '05. Well things didn't work out that way, as I had to cancel my June ride (10/10ths #10) Soooo… Now I am changing my plans:

I want to finish up my bucket list (3 rides) and roll them into one 10/10ths ride. This will be my 10th 10/10ths ride !

I set this goal back in July of 2011 when I was attempting my 2nd 10th/10ths by doing all the Great Lake rides (Back to Back X5) The ride trashed me out, but also made me absolutely fall in love with the 10/10ths ride. It is a great adventure

with a time management challenge. Plus it saves you money when you string other Certificate rides into its context. I usually limit motel stays by sleeping "Roadside" and eating out of my tank bag.

My Great Lakes picture:

138_3873.jpg

Looking fresh right?

This ride coming up in less than 2 weeks will hopefully go something like this:

Thursday Sept. 8

Depart West Palm Beach, FlL for Coney Island, NY 1220 miles

Saturday

Depart Cooney Island, NY on 50cc THW 2930 miles

Monday

Transition ride to LaPush, WA 900 miles

Tuesday

Depart LaPush, WA to Eastport, Me on the "Sunset to Sunrise" 3570 miles

Friday

Transition ride to Madawaska. ME 215 miles

Saturday

Depart Madawaska, ME for Key West on "East Coast 2000" 2090 miles

Total 10,925 miles

Monday

Back to work…

I hope to straighten my SPOT issues out and post a link.

I could use witnesses at or near the destinations: West Palm Beach, FL

LaPush, WA

Eastport, ME

Madawaska, ME

Key West, FL

Likely Motel stays in or near: Coney Island, NY

LaPush, WA

Madawaska, ME

It has been a nice run for me since 2009 and I think there are only 3 types of rides that I would consider after this one.

Organized group Certificate rides

"Hell Week"

IBR

Thanks,

Now to get ready for the ride !

MY SPOT LINK: SpotWalla.com - Trip Viewer

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been a nice run for me since 2009 and I think there are only 3 types of rides that I would consider after this one.

"Hell Week"

IBR
Bucket list will be complete after this one… now if someone comes up with another interesting cert. ride…
rolleyes.gif

I really enjoyed 2-up flower sniffing' at NAFO- I could easily get accustomed to a different pace.

"Hell Week"

IBR
Bucket list will be complete after this one… now if someone comes up with another interesting cert. ride…
rolleyes.gif

I really enjoyed 2-up flower sniffing' at NAFO- I could easily get accustomed to a different pace.
How aboot Owosso Mi to Durand Mi to Bannister Mi to Dewitt Mi to laingsburg Mi to Perry Mi and back to Owosso in one day?

Killer right?

"Hell Week"

IBR
rolleyes.gif

How aboot Owosso Mi to Durand Mi to Bannister Mi to Dewitt Mi to laingsburg Mi to Perry Mi and back to Owosso in one day?

Killer right?
A.K.A. "Hell day"
lol.gif

If you're passing through central Ohio and you need anything, lemme know. We're doing Tech Day 9/17, so there will be tools there as well as tools who know how to actually use those tools.

JSNS

Awesome! Would really like to follow this on Spotwalla or other tracking page. Let us know?

I'm not so sure you're right in the head.... Best of luck!!
If you've met Tony, then that question would already have been answered. JSNS :rolleyes:
Seriously, all the best with this adventure Tony! I'll be following along on Spotwalla, so get the Spot thing figured out, will ya'?

"Hell Week"

IBR
rolleyes.gif

Killer right?
A.K.A. "Hell day"
lol.gif
Actually we would need to include this stop for "That" ride: Hell, Michigan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's a Hell in Texas too, I work there.

Looking forward to following along with you.