SW-FOG 2017?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
With the passing of our Route Organizer and great friend Don Stanley, there was no SW-FOG for 2016. Upon hearing of Don's demise, I figured things would see a drastic change being Don personally planned or at least setup in motion many of the Forum rides in the Southwest.

Is anyone currently thinking about a ride for 2017?

2016 was NAFO, that's how I ended up involved, and Marty, Bob and Wayne ended up doing all the work. I'm actually smarter than I look. There are lots of places to choose from. Someone speak up...

Where do we want to go?

Shame how things drop off, especially if it's the way it happened this year with SWFOG and Don, and who's been to a WFO lately? OTOH, a bunch of things that didn't have the kiss of approval from the forum a while ago have sprung up and pretty much become traditions--Ray's Reuben Run, Barb's Vancouver Is. dealio, John's Spearfish/Red Lodge meets, just to name three. FODS started out as just a local ride out this way a few years back too. And in '17 we've got YFO, and that's getting a lot of attention from all over. That's pretty Southwest, right? Come to that.

With the passing of our Route Organizer and great friend Don Stanley, there was no SW-FOG for 2016. Upon hearing of Don's demise, I figured things would see a drastic change being Don personally planned or at least setup in motion many of the Forum rides in the Southwest.
Is anyone currently thinking about a ride for 2017?
Did you happen to see a little thing called NAFO just one state over from AZ? Where the hell were you?
smile.png

SacMike, what the Hell is YFO?
YFO. Not paying attention, are you? And my point was, so what if there hasn't been a WFO in years? Maybe it didn't drop off after all. We just don't have it anymore. We'll still get together and ride, even if it doesn't make the official "FJR Organized Meetings" list. Looks like a good one, too. 13 pages so far.

Ha! Thanks for the link to that. I.would have never seen it. I'll be there. Last time I was in California on the bike, I had a blast!!

Ha! Thanks for the link to that. I.would have never seen it. I'll be there. Last time I was in California on the bike, I had a blast!!
Aren't you the guy that just said a few posts back that you're smarter than you look.
not_i.gif
Even if he is smarter than he looks, there's still a LOOOONNG expanse between that and Actually Smart.

I've been to two of the Gathering of the Clans, but seems like they were always being cancelled or postponed. The GWTC rides are always fun, except for the ride home from Barstow East is usually sucky! But the ride is worth it.
Would someone share with me what the YFO (Yo-so-mite) used to ride up there a couple times per year year back in the 1970's before it was so political and governed full of rules & regulations on my Kaw 1000! "We Were Soldiers Once and Young"

But I'm not as dumb as AJ! For a dumb guy, AJ is always fun to have around!

I'm all for a ride and meet in Estes Park (Rocky Mtn NP) and put a SW-FOG, NAFO, or whatever tag you want to put on it.

I just had surgery again 11 days ago and I should be up for a good ride when the weather cooperates. Snow is expected in Prescott by Sunday and more on the way.

Anybody want to buy my '07 so I can splurge on the '17?

MsNASCAR and I rode up and through Estes Park during the 2008 NAFO rally in Golden CO as were other attendees. Yes, it is awesome.

This is one town that books up several months in advance so if there is sincere interest here, planning soon would be advisable.

Based upon the welcome some received from the Colorado State Patrol at NAFO/SWFOG or Montrose last year, maybe we should give Colorado a rest?