Beemerdon's Spirit Goes to Ireland

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Rich

Arrested Development
Reaction score

Beemerdon’s Spirit Goes to Ireland
(with the "Fecking Dane")

Don Stanley and I go back to the early 1970's… We both lived in San Luis Obispo California for many years. We both went to Cal Poly SLO and while I was finishing at Cal Poly, Don was working at the Diablo Nuclear Power Plant. (Don was a pipe fitter and his job was to help build containment tower number 2 backwards!)

Anyway we go way back…. One of the things we both enjoyed was riding in Mexico, having both ridden Baja many times and we loved the area near Mulege and the Bay of Conception.
We took our ladies on the Edelweiss Scooter Tour in Italy a few years back… It was great fun to ride during the day and then drink a little wine before dinner relaxing with friends. It was on this trip that we discussed going to Ireland together. We decided to get a date and then work toward meeting in Dublin. We had thought this summer was the time when we would meet up and drink a little Guinness.

That trip was not to be but I thought that it was unfortunate that the ”Big Irishman” didn’t get a chance to experience Ireland with the “Fecking Dane”.

Well, we are headed to Ireland in September and I am taking the picture of Don with Dolly on the trip…. I will be taking pictures with that photo at as many old Viking historical sites as I can find …. I am looking forward to visiting some of my ancestor’s former land holdings and taking the “Big Irishman” with me. It will be educational for Don’s spirit …. So hold on…. The Viking Tour of Ireland is just around the corner. And in case you didn't know.... Dublin is the name the Danish Vikings called one of their settlements in Ireland and it means dark or black pool. It is where the Danes sheltered their long boats!

P.S. If you send me ten bucks, I will drink a Guinness for you in his name!

Oh what fun it would be to tag along and feel the old bugger's soul giving you the gears from the great beyond...

THAT would be an adventure!

Safe travels, Rich. Can't wait for this ride report!

I believe that Rog and Deb / Old Michael and Laura are also headed to Ireland sometime in the future.... I anticipate that they too will be toasting the memory of the Big Irishman. JSNS

Last edited by a moderator:
If you send me $20 for the shipping/handling fee, I will gladly send you $10 to hoist one in my name for Don.

I am sure the road will raise to meet you, with the wind at your back as you travel with Don

Post up your paypal address and you will be one drunk Dane. Drunk enough to pass for Irish.
leprechaun5.jpg

I drank my Guiness in his honour when I was in Ireland after his crash.

(Click on image for larger view, but larger glasses weren't on offer)

Since I'm unlikely to go back there in the near future, that'll have to be sufficient 'N.

Well, we are headed to Ireland in September and I am taking the picture of Don with Dolly on the trip…. I will be taking pictures with that photo at as many old Viking historical sites as I can find …. I am looking forward to visiting some of my ancestor’s former land holdings and taking the “Big Irishman” with me.
Hold on to him tight. I've ridden with him.

He has a tendency to fall down. jsns...

Love and miss you Don.

smile.png

The real question Dr. Rich, is whether yer gonna go down a water slide with Don whilst yer over there.

Make sure wifey takes pictures!

I believe that Rog and Deb / Old Michael and Laura are also headed to Ireland sometime in the future.... I anticipate that they too will be toasting the memory of the Big Irishman. JSNS
Old Michael is dead.. been that way for the last 3 years.

Might better hoist one for that fukin Mick also!