Wallace Falls Cafe-Gold Bar Wa

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Stumbled across this place a weekend or so ago, it is on the N side of the main drag, sort of at the Easterly end of town. Food was very good, and they have a real nice $4 breakfast lite. Kind of a convenient location on the way E. Fifty-niner diner looks like a lost cause for the foreseeable future. Passed by this place for I do not know how many years and never noticed it.

If you ever have time make the hike up to the falls. Then hit the place later for breakfast or lunch. It tastes even better.

It is on the east side of town, but it's actually on the south side of US-2, across from and just east of the Family Grocer.

I lived in Gold Barf for 9 years, and passed that place every.single.day that I went anywhere. I ate there exactly once. I wasn't overly impressed, but it was OK. The one time I stopped by the Cafe (back in '05 or '06) was for dinner, ordering their Chicken Fried Steak. The meat was good enough, but the gravy sucked (I'm a native Texan -- we don't put sausage in the gravy lol) The service was OK at best, but it was clean.

It's definitely convenient heading east to Stevens Pass, and if I needed foodage -- I might stop for breakfast. It's not top-notch, but it'll certainly do. Denny's in Monroe is (or, at least was as of 4 years ago) just as good.

How you guys choose either of these places over the Sultan Bakery is beyond me.
When there are no parking spots and the line is out the door, not to mention the worlds slowest cashier, it is an alternate.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is on the east side of town, but it's actually on the south side of US-2, across from and just east of the Family Grocer.
I lived in Gold Barf for 9 years, and passed that place every.single.day that I went anywhere. I ate there exactly once. I wasn't overly impressed, but it was OK. The one time I stopped by the Cafe (back in '05 or '06) was for dinner, ordering their Chicken Fried Steak. The meat was good enough, but the gravy sucked (I'm a native Texan -- we don't put sausage in the gravy lol) The service was OK at best, but it was clean.

It's definitely convenient heading east to Stevens Pass, and if I needed foodage -- I might stop for breakfast. It's not top-notch, but it'll certainly do. Denny's in Monroe is (or, at least was as of 4 years ago) just as good.
If it is on my left heading East how is that S.? Maybe not the same place or are you thinking of the Mountain View?

If it is on my left heading East how is that S.? Maybe not the same place or are you thinking of the Mountain View?
Me thinks you mean Texas Left
tongue.png

Mountain View Diner, on the south side of US-2. I know exactly where it's at -- I passed it yesterday going out to fetch my trailer
biggrin.png

EDIT: Yes, I'm a dorkass. I was (clearly) thinking of Mountain View. I completely forgot about the "new" cafe there. d'oh!

Last edited by a moderator:
How you guys choose either of these places over the Sultan Bakery is beyond me.
Oddly enough (or may not), another place I passed every time I'd go somewhere...but I never stopped there myself. The wife said they had a good breakfast, and really good cinnamon rolls. They must have been good -- there weren't any left by the time she and the kiddo got home lol

Yes, their parking lot is almost always packed, especially on the weekends.

Latest posts