UPDATE - DUE To impending severe weather the PNW Fall Tech Meet #17 - October 22nd

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
UPDATE: the tech meet is moved to Saturday October 22nd due to the high winds and very heavy rain forecast for Friday and Saturday.

Winds are forecast in our area 30-50 mph with gust to 60 which will cause lots of branches and trees down around where I live with a high risk people will get hit by falling debris.

I don't want people to risk the chance of getting hit when we can wait a week for much better weather and experience for all who attend.

Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday October 15th 22nd at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system
Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you to the recycle - Les Schwab will take then for a nominal fee)
TBS
PAIR system block off
Various electrical and electronic additions
Brake system flush - please RSVP this
Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, pull pork sandwich, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.
Niehart +2
Beamer Reamer & Mrs.
escapefjrtist
Hudson
Panman

Fontanaman

fjrwalker

audiowize

PigPen

samamoto

harper

JamesW

ahchiu

SeattleTy

Harald

wingshot

n2osx

juniorfjr

RoadTrip

chazglenn3

greysabor

AdamK

ChrisCVo

allrider

redneckj

JohnnyB

squadFiftyOne

paramonkreel

pnkrkr4lif

Last edited by a moderator:
As I missed the spring meet I looking forward to see everyone. First time I missed one.

I don't see any conflicts, should be able to attend this time.
punk.gif

Yup, for sure!

For those from the north end. If you're interested in a ride down, we typically gather up in Monroe at the Shell station, corner 2/203 at 7A and then run down to the $bucks in Carnation. If the group gets too big, we'll split up for the adventure to Auburn.

--G

I am planning on being there unless there is an early snowfall in the Cascades. It will be nice to put a face to the names.

• Count me in for a brake flush. After the forum discussion this week, I would love to learn how to flush my ABS system.
  • Can we do the clutch at the same time?
Neil

I am planning on being there unless there is an early snowfall in the Cascades. It will be nice to put a face to the names.

• Count me in for a brake flush. After the forum discussion this week, I would love to learn how to flush my ABS system.
  • Can we do the clutch at the same time?
Neil
Go find a smooth gravel Rd and activate the ABS on the front then the back a couple of times each before you flush. Then go do it again after the flush, not how the book tells you to do it but has worked for me the last nine years. :)

I have a little place that I do that a couple of times a year just to keep the ABS unit active.

That's opening day of rifle deer season, but I'm hunting earlier this year with a muzzleloader so please count me in. Looking forward to meeting some new faces and helping out with maintenance.