Put the FJR to the test

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseyjoe

Reaction score
Just got back from a crosscountry trip with the wife and myself!The bike ran great almost 8000 miles.Changed the oil halfway through .Its ready for another now!Took the north route out and the southern one home.

Left new jersey on 8/20 and home today.This was the reason for me buying this machine and i'm glad I did!

So, Jersey: did ya take any pictures? Do we get to see them? Are ya planning on telling us any more about the trip? Empty minds need something to do around here, especially mine...

Oh and by the way, you DID NOT put the FJR to the test. I learned that years ago when I flogged my Galaxy Blue Beauty 16 hours a day for 2600 miles... that the only thing being put to the test was ME.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
The first part of the trip was getting out at least a 1000 miles.Once we got into the south Dakota this made it worth while!No offence to the states in between!Three days total in SD,we want to go back and spend at least a week out in that area.Montana was really nice country another area we want to go back to.The 80 MPH speed limit helps but the wind killed me!More to follow don't want to get to long in the tooth!

By all means type up a ride report and include photos! Please?

Many unfortunate desk jockeys have to live vicariously through other forum members......Plus it's good karma to give a little back to all the folks on here who help out.

I'll try and keep this brief:day 1,left NJ for first stop-Toledo,OH,day 2,Des Moines,IA/day 3 Chamberland,SD/Day 3&4 Rapid city SD/day 5 Bozeman,MT/day 6 Spokane,WA/day 7 Graham,Wa(oil change at my cousins)/day 8 Grants Pass OR/day 9 San Francisco/day10 San Luis Obispo/Day 11-12-13 Las Vegas(for my wife and visit old friends)/day 14&15 Prescott AZ-Met Bob Riggle(friend of my uncle who lives in Prescott)That was cool!/day16 Tucson Az,met up with another friend./day 17 Roswell NM-no UFO's/day 18 Henryetta OK/day 19 Kingston Springs TN/day 20 Roanoke Va----Then home!!

We are already looking forward to a two week trip back out to the Dakotas next year!

"...17 ROSWELL NM -- NO UFO's..."

Now I know this is all a hoax because if you really did ride an FJR through Roswell, the aliens would have kidnapped you and taken your FJR. No alien in his right mind would pass up an opportunity to own an FJR !!!

I've thought about visiting the Dakota's one of these days. Don't blame ya for wanting to go back.

Gary

Last edited by a moderator: