Four FJRs in Kegasga, Quebec

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say if you have never heard of Kegashka Quebec , you should google it.

Moosehead was the one holding the camera for that shot.

No need to dirt tires on that one, it was only 50 km of dirt each way.

But there was one other little path that we started to follow that they may have been needed.

Canadian FJR

Good dirt? Might think about that for next year. Not up for a full Trans Lab run on the FJR although I know you guys did it.

Edit: I realize that this is a totally different route from Trans Lab - once you get to Baie Comeau. Did you take the ferry from Matane or the long way around via Quebec City?

Last edited by a moderator:
We did the ferry between Matane and Baie Comeau.

As far as the dirt, much more friendly that the Trans Lab. One thing that we did notice was that on the way in around 4:00pm, it seemed very much like marbles. We ran around 80 km/hr.

On the way out early the next morning it seemed much better and we were able to run a better pace. The moral of this is that it seems to change very quickly.

I strongly recommend this little ride.

Canadian FJR

Rob

You did an up-and-back on QC-389? Did you get lost or something? Looks like it was a seriously great trip. I did some of the Gaspe a couple of weeks ago. Wanted to do the north side of the St. Lawrence (including Saguenay) this year but just never found the time. If I can manage to get away for a week or more in the early part of next season, I might have a go at that route you did (or something fairly similar). Starting to get a bit cool up there by now; especially since I would want to do it as a camping trip (solo).

Rob
You did an up-and-back on QC-389? Did you get lost or something? Looks like it was a seriously great trip. I did some of the Gaspe a couple of weeks ago. Wanted to do the north side of the St. Lawrence (including Saguenay) this year but just never found the time. If I can manage to get away for a week or more in the early part of next season, I might have a go at that route you did (or something fairly similar). Starting to get a bit cool up there by now; especially since I would want to do it as a camping trip (solo).
Hey Ross, Mike and I popped up to Mauricie National Park and after hooking up with Scott and Kevin we also popped up to Manic5 dam for lunch. It was an awesome ride. Although we had tents.... not one was set up, in the name of safety of course.

...Hey Ross, Mike and I popped up to Mauricie National Park and after hooking up with Scott and Kevin we also popped up to Manic5 dam for lunch.
I have done Saguenay and the Gaspe a couple of times. I have not done Mauricie but would like to. I haven't been east of Forestville on the north shore of the St. Lawrence and haven't done the Trans Lab (yet). Not sure if my poor old FJR would make that trip; even with the knobbies you guys used!

I am seeing a dual sport sometime in my not too distant future; maybe a Wee-Strom. Trans Lab, Newfoundland Trailway and Alaska. Maybe after I retire in a couple of years.

James Bay road maybe. Not the Trans Taiga for me!

Entertaining read on the website. I think the "666 km east" is an omen.

This is an extremely remote road, leading 666 km east - almost to Labrador - with no settlements or towns aside from Hydro Quebec's settlements for workers (not open to the public). At the far end you will be 745 km from the nearest town! This is the farthest you can get from a town on a road in North America!

I am thinking about a ride along these lines; perhaps in July. Kegashka, not the Trans Taiga!

https://goo.gl/maps/j7CZkk1oqJx

Was the jaunt up to Manic-Cinq worth the 200 km each way from Baie-Comeau or was it just to say you did it?

(Might depend on where I am in relation to a camping area and time of day when I get to the turnoff)

Edit: when I select the Google map link on my computer I get the map as created. When I select it on my Android phone, it just gives a simplified version without the route defining waypoints.

Last edited by a moderator: