Has anyone purchased a Top Sellerie Comfort Seat (Euro Mototard)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJrunaway

Reaction score
I am looking for a more comfortable seat. The Top Sefferie Comfort Seat advertised on Ebay looks like it may be comfortable. I tend to slide forward on my current seat (Russell Day Long). The Sellerie looks like it would hold you in place. Does anyone have experience with this seat?

You know I might get banned or reprimanded but I'm gona say it anyways. The answer used here by all the elitist old timers and such 90% of the time is the whole go search thing with links , roll eyes and a general air of aloof. Genuine good people just wanting a little bit of guidance and advice and bam bad person go stand in the Google corner until you learn your e-maners. I too have wandered about this seat but haven't asked along with many other unanswered questions because I don't want to be treated like that. I hope you get a nice helpful person to answer and sorry for the hijack/rant. Peas

Hey Walter

Dont get banned, but pick a better target.

Tell me where you see elitist, eye rolling, aloof comments?

Ask your unasked questions, or search for them. Or do both.

I am a nice helpful person, gave the OP a link to answer his question and suggested how he might search for more info on his own.

Ride safe

-Steve

RedFishHunter has one. He now has a Laam on his bike, if that says anything. Maybe PM him as I haven't seen him real active here lately. That reminds me...I need to call my friend.

Now, for an actual answer from a newbie who had one, and is indifferent to boosting his post count by the standard answers of go fuck yourself if you can't search.

Yes. I tried a Top Sellerie on my ST1300. I guess I didn't understand the website that well, so I just went through the site's link to build a seat as best I could.

DO NOT GET ONE! It was a good-looking, horribly uncomfortable, no-support, sitting on the frame seat, guaranteed to induce agony in an amazingly short time.

I tried a Yamaha comfort seat OP. It was amazing, compared to the stock seat. So much so that, even after getting a custom LAAM, I like the Yamaha comfort seat just as well. After break in, that may change, but right now they're even at best.

I had one on my FZ6 during 2 years without any probleme.
But like they have a shop at few kilometers of my house, it was easy to try it, and choose what I wanted.
Today, my uncle has one on his F800 gt.

For FJR, most of my friend had https://maselleconfort.bagster.com/seat_editor_html/index.php?langue=EN orhttps://www.sellerie-moillo.com/

If you need some help to speak with french dealers, or need some informations of cours, you can ask me!
punk.gif

I have it. It certainly is a much better seat than the OEM seat, but I can't compare it with RDL, Laam or others as I have not tried those. I've done many long trips on it around Europe and me and my wife are very ok with the comfort it offers. 800 km a day is no problems. Sure you need some stretching every 2-3 hours ride, but I guess it is the same with any seat. The OEM seat killed me in 30 minutes. I also changed the OEM seat on my V-strom, and that's very good as well. Both are the gel models.

M2SI3lO.jpg

I am looking for a more comfortable seat. The Top Sefferie Comfort Seat advertised on Ebay looks like it may be comfortable. I tend to slide forward on my current seat (Russell Day Long). The Sellerie looks like it would hold you in place. Does anyone have experience with this seat?
I'm thinking your best bet is to get your Russell modded to fit you just right?

I investigated that when my FJR was brand new, but stopped when I realized there would be something like $75 in shipping costs. They sure look pretty, and you can get your initials embroidered into the leather, too.

My friend 'Zilla called me and asked me to respond to this thread. I see it already made NEPRT. I too am tired of the meanness of this forum and I freely admit I have done my share of it.

So, no "Go do a SEARCH", no meanness, just my best effort to help.

I bought a Top Sellerie off this forum from a guy who is no longer here. He too was tired of this forum, that is another story.

It is a beautiful seat, it accents the FJR's lines very well. It forces the rider forward toward the tank and limits fore and aft movement. The passenger portion is longer than stock but does not seem to offer any better comfort.

Dad rode his for several thousand miles and liked it. It looked better than it felt, but it is not a bad seat. Someone out there will say it is The Most Comfortable Seat Ever, but seats are such a personal item, who knows what fits YOU?

I tried to find a few archived photos of the seat:

We still have the seat, we keep it for a spare. It is nice to have when someone sends their seat off for customization. It keeps the bike rideable.

@ redfish, sorry to make my french, but what is the meaning of NEPRT?

anyway, for Top sellerie, like all other good saddlery, they can make what you want.
My confort is not the confort of another rider, neither my bottom!
For my fazer I had a perfect seat for me beacause I tell to the saddlery man my weight, my size, witch kind of seated I like. For exemple, without backrest, not to soft.
And they do exactly what I want.
It's important to deal directly with the saddlery man to explain you're needs. COTS equipement are made with compromis, and they can't be perfect for every one.
IMHO if you buy a custom seat, it's not to have a COTS seat, but to have you're seat.
Top sellerie do that, and they are specialized for biker seat.
After for cost, for France, they are good, but we haven't an expensive shipping!

It's the same for me, I by in USA some littls thing when shipping is not to expencive

NEPRT is Never Ending Pointless or Recurring Threads

That is the section where this thread is currently located.

Your French/English is not a problem for me, no need to apologize.

Hey Redfish, you said:

"We still have the seat, we keep it for a spare. It is nice to have when someone sends their seat off for customization. It keeps the bike rideable."

I'm curious, what did Dad replace the Top Sellerie seat with?

Thanks,

Rich

Oups,
745753.gif
745753.gif
745753.gif
I haven't do the link with the section name and the acronyme. Thanks

In that case, I'm totally Agree with it!

It's funny, finally, we are all the same, I did a search on 2 French forum (FZ6 and FJR), and I have a lot of Threads that stand out! NEPRT too...
smile.png
:)
smile.png

Your French/English is not a problem for me, no need to apologize.
Thank you for Tolerance (And This applies to all forum member)

Last edited by a moderator:
@ redfish, sorry to make my french, but what is the meaning of NEPRT?
anyway, for Top sellerie, like all other good saddlery, they can make what you want.

My confort is not the confort of another rider, neither my bottom!

For my fazer I had a perfect seat for me beacause I tell to the saddlery man my weight, my size, witch kind of seated I like. For exemple, without backrest, not to soft.

And they do exactly what I want.

It's important to deal directly with the saddlery man to explain you're needs. COTS equipement are made with compromis, and they can't be perfect for every one.

IMHO if you buy a custom seat, it's not to have a COTS seat, but to have you're seat.

Top sellerie do that, and they are specialized for biker seat.

After for cost, for France, they are good, but we haven't an expensive shipping!

It's the same for me, I by in USA some littls thing when shipping is not to expencive
Top Sellerie is the best looking seat I have seen, Whether Honda or FJR. It was not their fault my seat was uncomfortable, my typical American language barrier kept me from getting a seat I could use.

Merci!

I've had multiple Russells on multiple bikes. Each one was made for me to my specifications. If I ever felt like it wasn't working, I'd send it in for a change.

Hey Redfish, you said:

"We still have the seat, we keep it for a spare. It is nice to have when someone sends their seat off for customization. It keeps the bike rideable."

I'm curious, what did Dad replace the Top Sellerie seat with?

Thanks,

Rich
We are both running Laam Customs. From what I have read recently I am no longer comfortable recommending his services. Our seats and our service was wonderful.

Latest posts