Upstate SC Tech (wreck?) session Friday/Saturday Nov. 11/12 Greer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griff

Reaction score
Since I didn't make the Midwest Tech session and still need to do a valve check and change fork fluid, I am hosting a tech session in early November. I have a No Mar tire changer, bike lift and lots of tools to wreck shit. I have even acquired the services of some Yamaha technicians from the frozen north to supervise the mayhem. I plan to change the ES fork fluid assuming we have the right fork spring compressor, right Allen?
smile.png
Soo, if you want to do some work, or just observe the mayhem, post up. Valve check guys should plan to be here on Friday to have the bike cool for Saturday. I have limited floor space, but a big back yard for tents (dog shit here and there).

Making a list of things to wreck

Griff valve check, Pair plate install, ES fork fluid change, TBS

Allen-C ES fork fluid change

what else?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be interested in coming by. No maintenance needed on my bike but if anyone needs a valve adjustment, I would love to observe that. I have done checks.. but never adjusted. Only 2.5 hours from my house.. easy trip.

As a reminder.. Deer rut is getting going in GA about this time. Not sure about SC.. but keep the speed down and your eyes open.

My '07 has never to my knowledge had the forks serviced. I'd like to do that and also bleed the ABS system. What part of the Upstate?

I will be there Saturday...likely look to change the coolant in my 13.

After watching others have their fork oil changed...I may change mine as well...that weekend or some other. I can only stay till mid-afternoon.

I will have my son ride his '04 over on Friday night so it can cool down and have valve clearances checked on Saturday.

My '07 has never to my knowledge had the forks serviced. I'd like to do that and also bleed the ABS system. What part of the Upstate?
Greer, just east of Greenville.
Doh! It was in the thread title. My brother has a place near Asheville. I could visit him, motor on down on Saturday to learn about fork maintenance, and meet some of y'all finally, then head back to Asheville.

I'd love to go as I have done most of the services mentioned and maybe could help out/offer advice. But alas, a coastal RTE in the works for Oct and vacation at NMB Thanksgiving week prohibit the possibility of me attending.

That's only 3 hours from me. If my schedule complies, I might come hold-and-fetch for others. The straight line route shows 2.45, the squiggly line route shows 3.15. Looks like a challenge to take the squiggly and get it down to the straight line time...

Dammit. Already missed three Tech home games by the time this comes around, and you picked the weekend of our home game against the Fake Tech Hokies. Don't think I can miss four, otherwise why buy the season tickets?

I thought I posted here already but I guess not. I should make this and do fork oil too!