Auto Turn Signal Canceler - current options

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had a bike without turn signal cancelers so the old fart leaves the signals on occasionally....solved the problem with this https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=4 ..You can make the installation as simple or complicated as you want. I simply replaced the stock flasher [behind the panel with the right headlight adjuster knob] with the Kisan unit. Later I ran a seperate circuit off the battery to power the hazzard flashers [ detailed elsewhere on the forum].

Just realized you have the greatly inferior Gen 1....your flasher is probably somewhere inaccesible.. :rolleyes:

I've never found it difficult to mash the signal button as I pull away. It's kind of a part of my upshift routine, and not that hard to develop a habit for.

Once the habit develops, you have an automatic cancel!

At SFO '09, JustRoy bought one from CycleGadgets (still bummed they closed shop). Don't remember the brand off the top of my head, but he had 'er installed in maybe an hour. (Did anyone mentioned that it rained - no, poured! - for 3 damn days at SFO '09?)

Alternately, there's this thing called yer left thumb...

I've never found it difficult to mash the signal button as I pull away. It's kind of a part of my upshift routine, and not that hard to develop a habit for.

Once the habit develops, you have an automatic cancel!
Agreed! Not that folks can't put whatever aftermarket parts they want on their bike...of course they can. If he want's auto cancelling signals, then auto cancelling signals he can have! However I never understood why folks find it difficult to hit a button after they turn. lol

Why don't we get rid of clutch & shift levers all together. Just ride around on full automatic everything. :eek:

However we all like different setups. It would be pretty boring if we were all the exact same in tastes & style. I'm sure he's more than fully aware that he has a left thumb. It's all what you get used to.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's right! It' all what your used to.

I rode a bike that never had turn signals for 30 years and I never forgot to put my hand back on the handlebar. Now, I never forget to switch off that fancy signal light unless, this, that, or the other thing.....

How many of you have gone on a group ride and noticed someone that forgot? Well, that's right, at least one, and usually way more per ride.

So I'm thinking of buying one too, but I'm still trying hard to rewire my brain. Wish me luck!

About "never" forgetting to cancel the turn signals--here are a few things I DON'T "never" forget to do:

1. Cancel my turn signals.

2. Put the kickstand up before shifting into gear.

3. Take the ignition key out of my pocket before I'm gloved up and sitting on the bike.

4. Ditto buckling my helmet before the gloves are on.

5. Turn off the ignition after killing the engine with the kill switch (but only once. So far.)

Of course, I'm a little older than some of you guys. :rolleyes:

My 34 year old XS1100 has self cancelling indicators, tip over cut out and reserve lighting.

I still cancel the indicators myself.

Can't vouch for the tip over or lighting, never been dropped and still the original head lamp. :D

JC Whitney sells a 100db turn signal beeper which works well for me

I'm sure when you come into the campgrounds late at night with that beeper going...the natives wuv you. ;)
haq, like I'm aq camper or even that I use turn signals in a campground, or even that the beeper is louder than the engine at 8500rpm traveling on gravel

SHEESH :p

I never had a bike without turn signal cancelers so the old fart leaves the signals on occasionally....solved the problem with this https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=4 ..You can make the installation as simple or complicated as you want. I simply replaced the stock flasher [behind the panel with the right headlight adjuster knob] with the Kisan unit. Later I ran a seperate circuit off the battery to power the hazzard flashers [ detailed elsewhere on the forum].
I think i'll go with these self-cancelling signals too. Do I need the 3 pin connection for my 08 fjr?

I can't argue that self canceling signals would be a good feature.

The problem I sometimes have is I want to turn the signal off while I have the clutch lever back, very awkward.

One (other) thing to bear in mind.......... you will still need to 'cancel' the turn switch itself, otherwise it won't do anything next time you need it :unsure: :blink: :blink: it is possible to modify the switch but do really want to take the risk :rolleyes:

Don

I never had a bike without turn signal cancelers so the old fart leaves the signals on occasionally....solved the problem with this https://www.kisantec...ex.php?cat_id=4 ..You can make the installation as simple or complicated as you want. I simply replaced the stock flasher [behind the panel with the right headlight adjuster knob] with the Kisan unit. Later I ran a seperate circuit off the battery to power the hazzard flashers [ detailed elsewhere on the forum].
I think i'll go with these self-cancelling signals too. Do I need the 3 pin connection for my 08 fjr?
I actually have one of these new that I'm not going to use (model SM3, three-pin). I opened the package just to read the install guide, but it's new-in-the-package. I'll make you a deal on it. PM me if interested.

I never had a bike without turn signal cancelers so the old fart leaves the signals on occasionally....solved the problem with this https://www.kisantec...ex.php?cat_id=4 ..You can make the installation as simple or complicated as you want. I simply replaced the stock flasher [behind the panel with the right headlight adjuster knob] with the Kisan unit. Later I ran a seperate circuit off the battery to power the hazzard flashers [ detailed elsewhere on the forum].
I actually have one of these new that I'm not going to use (model SM3, three-pin). I opened the package just to read the install guide, but it's new-in-the-package. I'll make you a deal on it. PM me if interested.
PM sent