Ozarks were great!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammer Down Brown

Reaction score
So the first long trip on the 2016 FJR was from home in Harrisburg NC to the Motorcycle Tourier's Forum Founders Feast in Russellville AR.

Day one was from Harrisburg to Sikeston MO to meet up with a friend, Jim McPhearson who is from Brantford Ontario and to eat some throwed rolls at Lambert's Cafe. The day was 560 miles and I have decided the Laam seat was the best money I could possibly spend on a motorcycle.

On day two I met another friend Barb Smith in Brinkley AR to pick up a V46 Givi top case that I agreed to purchase from her. I installed the Give mount on the FJR at home and also bought the trunk liner. That allowed me to pack in the trunk liner which I put into a plastic garbage bag and then place that into a nylon stuff sack. I secured the trunk liner to the Givi mount with Roc straps until I got the top case and then put it inside where it belonged. The V46 seems plenty big enough, (my other bike is a 2007 Wing so I'm spoiled by good sized top cases), and it doesn't look too large for the bike. I think it was a good choice. The hotel for the next three nights was the Clairon in Russellville AR. It's a very nice hotel with good breakfast and a great pool. The pook was especially good when you get back from a day or 93 degree riding at the end of September. What to heck is up with that?

We rode the Pig Trail to Springdale and has lunch at AQ Chicken House, famous fried chicken and it will spoil you when you eat fried chicken anywhere else. Sunday was the push for home that was just 861 miles of slabbing back to NC in more heat than September is supposed to provide. It was 95 degrees on Knoxville and coming through the gorge at the TN-NC state line it was 93 degrees. A few miles later in Canton NC it was 71 degrees and about five minutes of very welcome rain that didn't get me wet with a mesh jacket on.

The bike performed flawlessly and so did all the electronics that were installed after I got it. The trip was a little over 2200 miles and according to the on-board trip computer I averaged 44.7 miles per gallon and I ran between 80 and 85 wherever I could. Thank you Mr. Sixth Gear.

We rode to Eureka Springs via the Missouri Ozarks the second week of June and it was hotter than Hades the entire time we were down there. We had a good time, did the Pig Trail and toured the civil war Battlefields in the area as well. However if we go back it will be motel dwelling for us next time. You gotta have a break from the heat.

Just got back from 3500 miles through AZ, NM, CO, KS, MO, AR, OK, TX, NM, and back to AZ... included a dash down Rt. 23 (The Pig Trail).

And I thought I was the only blue 2016 FJR on the Trail....

Must admit the first 10 days of the adventure were in extreme heat and humidity ( and they say AZ is hot)... the last 5 days were in 70 and 80 degree temps... Nice...

It was quite hot when I was there. 93 degrees at the end of September was not what I was looking for but the functor was higher than the temperature so it was a great trip anyway. Heading for home at 4:00AM was a good decision. It was 65 degrees and I-40 was nearly empty.

Latest posts