"Swamp People and Hot Sauce"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigOgre

Reaction score
C'mon now! I can't be the first one to see this can I??

Anybody else open up the November issue of Rider to page 58?

If not, let me be the first to say Well Done hppants, well done indeed.
specool.gif

I didn't post here but I did send 'pants an "atta boy" as soon as I finished the article.

"Here, 250-year-old live oaks flank me. With their massive branches and twisted trunks, these majestic giants have taught me important lessons, about learning to bend, in order to avoid breaking."

ok.gif

In a text message the other day, he mentioned something alluding to a magazine article. I might have to check out the article. We all know how good he is at the ride report thing. I would expect nothing less from Pants!

I just read it! I'll try to remember to bring the mag to Hooterville...

Just arrived in my mailbox yesterday so probably not on the newsstands yet. I've actually toured with a published author?
read.gif

Damn! SFO is gonna be full of celebs this year! May even have to set up an autograph table.
bye.gif

Seriously, looking forward to reading the article. Congrats to our friend, Pants!

Damn! SFO is gonna be full of celebs this year! May even have to set up an autograph table.
bye.gif

Seriously, looking forward to reading the article. Congrats to our friend, Pants!
With all those royalties from the Article, we should be expecting some high falutin rider in brand new gear, drinking fine wine, and staying in the most opulent suites at the hotel. Heck, he might even trailer his rig.

Wait, we are talking about Pants right................He will be wearing his fav, well used jacket, helmet, drinking his Tequila and Rye from a plastic flask, and camping in a tent.

Yeah, that is the guy I like. Joey wouldn't even ride with the other guy!!!

Autograph table with shots of Herradura reposado. DONE!!

I happen to know that the author is up touring the New England foliage right now, not that this will prevent him from seeing your congratulations, but they may be somewhat delayed

Fred is right. I'm leaf peeping with my bride now in New England having a ball. My apologies for the delayed response.

I appreciate your well wishes regarding my Rider magazine article. This is the first time I have had anything published, and I am humbled to say the least. I submitted the story in february and was told in march that I was selected, but to expect some delay before it was published.

Truthfully, this accomplishment comes with a little bit of sorrow. While I was encouraged by many of you that enjoy my ride reports to try this, I was inspired by Big Sky (Cole) to actually take the plunge. Cole's words publically and privately gave me the gentle push to go for it. I felt like his little brother holding his hand at the bus stop. He told me it would be ok and In the end, when it worked like he said it would, he wasn't here to share in the joy. I didn't get a chance to tell him "thanks".

Cole - if your are watching, I appreciate the help, my brother.

Stay thirsty, my friends......

Funny how the circle comes around isn't it? I'm sure that Cole would wish for nothing more than for his friends to enjoy spreading the word about our passion of motorcycling, just as he did. Rather than feeling anything bittersweet, maybe consider it a tribute to the man, and it will taste just right.

Hmmm.. Rider is out? I think my other half took off with my issue. I'll need to steal it back and check out the article.