Void Rally 11, Voidopoly

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BkerChuck

Second hand vegetarian
Reaction score
Anyone else on here riding in the Void Rally this weekend?

Mona and I are starting with the Reading,PA group. Riders 67 and 71. Good luck and safe travels to all the riders. Hope to see some of you in Fredricksburg, VA on Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Riding 2-up this year on the Wing. Don't think we will be making dinner. If we don't see you in Reading, we will in F-burg. Have a safe rally. Ken

Not going to make Thursday night dinner either. If we don't see you in the morning getting fuel we'll see you at the banquet.

Ride safe Ken!

I wanted to ride in it, but couldn't get off of work on Friday. Have a great ride !!

I'll see you guys at the finish though, as I may be the one deducting points from your score...
rolleyes.gif

In light of the weather we all endured I'm just wondering if anybody went through scoring unscathed? Mona and I both left points on the table and I think every other rider we spoke to did as well. We had to drop almost half of our plan because of traffic and weather issues. Then in my hurry to get the few extra points for turning in my packet early I managed to forget to include my FIsher House receipt costing me a full 500 points in the process.

I'd like to know the answer to your scoring question too Chuck... I did ride my entire planned route, but the rain did make me get sloppy. I didn't read the rally book in the pouring rain at my last bonus and it caused me to leave 390 points on the table. Only 320pts separated me (3rd) from 1st place.... Oh well.

One thing Mona and I did right was find the correct sign for TCHV at the Charlottesville, VA Amtrak station! Initially we didn't see it and took some alternate pictures just in case. We even went into the station building and spoke to the 2 employees who were no help. Finally accepting what we had and working our way out of the lot we spotted the needed sign.Pulling over we took the correct picture and deleted the now unnecessary ones. I was informed later Saturday evening at the banquet by one of the scorers that at least 3 other riders had the same problem we did and had taken alternate pictures. Unfortunately for them my scorer remembered seeing the correct picture from me and Scott then nixed the other riders costing them each 200 points!

Sorry guys.
banghead.gif