Hooterville 2016 Picture Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kballowe

Reaction score
Post 'em up !

Pics - or it didn't happen !

Early Saturday morning - fog rising.

43 degrees and sunny.

007_zps52b7amkx.jpg

Turner Bend on the Pig Trail.

Tasty sammich. :)

016_zpsk0w4wcvv.jpg

Oark General store/cafe.

Great pie.

punk.gif

107_zpsi5hcsvhs.jpg

Big rock overhang on 74, out in the middle of nowhere.

120_zpsrnc8mpsl.jpg

Hwy 374, off of Hwy 7, just South of Jasper

067_zpsqsyuo2cv.jpg

Did anyone make it to Mt. Nebo ?

Mt%20Nebo%20Park%20Sign_zpsz7ievuzr.jpg

18%20percent%20grade_zpsfjd1q4ta.jpg

Mt%20Nebo_zpsdbo7ybzn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Uggg. Didn't get any bike pics.

And no ugly mugs.

So, I'll just throw in this pic from last year.

117_zpstf915byv.jpg

110_zpsfi9djxgg.jpg

I'll sort through my pictures and the rest of my videos later...

But I figured editing this one should get first priority.

this one has some captions and slow-mo replay....

Looks like canyon cages are the next thing on my short list. Those bikes came out of it amazingly well.

You got your money out of that one. lol I always seem to have brand new tread on the edges and cords showing in the middle. Need to do a tire exchange with someone with the opposite problem. Sorry to hear you have to work during SFO.

I was going to do a separate ride report, but I will just add my pictures here.

On the way to Hooterville at a traditional Missouri Hooterville stop: Big Ds BarBQ in Doniphan, MO. I have so many memories here from past events...Smitty, Dogger/Skinny Dave, FJRocket, waiting to hear about Chester's condition here after his get off, ....

This day was happy memories, me, griff, sunny skies, warm weather, and BBQ!

Bikes out front...

Griff's

Mine...

warm peach cobbler ala mode

Well, I texted 0Face all these wonderfull photos, and he got tired of me rubbing it in, so he texted me this:

Had a great time meeting the riders as they came in. Talked late into the evening...took a picture of the bikes before I retired at 20:30.

Petey's speed machine

One of the Tour of Honor Big Dogs was there...

Took a picture the next day at the Pelsior country store...Petey, Gramps, 0Face and Me (Good riding buds!)

Same, but with Craig/NTXFJR

It was great to meet Craig and ride with him, too. That's the thing about FJR events...the people you meet just might be friends for life...you never know.

Saturday, Gramps and Marty were getting a tire for some wacko from Minnesota, so I ventured out on a solo ride. Sunny and cooler, headed east from Push Mountain and rode past Calico Rock.

If you look carefully, you can see the Petticoat Junction girls skinny dipping in the water tower.

After stopping for coffee in Mountain View and meeting an FJR rider who is a Forum member, who doesn't frequent the Forum, and was wondering what I was doing in AR, coming from SC...we spoke for a bit...nice guy, but he needs to get on the Forum.
wink.png

I stopped for gas in Clinton, then headed west on 16...took a little detour to a past Hooterville historical spot on Hwy 27. I spent some time here in October of 2008, sprained my left shoulder - cracked a rib, totaled my first FJR.

Petey was there, Steve/STLFJR was there, Scott/fjrrider was there and his buddy as well.

Came in hot coming from this first curve

Trying to exit this curve

Should have ended up in this direction

But ended up here

Left my lonely, totaled 04 right where the 13 is parked

This house bore silent witness to my stupidity

As I moved on back to 16, then 7/123 north to those sweet curves. I had a hankering to visit the Cliff House, a place of goings on from past Hootervilles, so I made a side trip via AR 374...wow, that was a fun road...I forgot how much fun that road was.

It was also a late afternoon scene of bucolic rural beauty

I have Cows (Andrew/OVale would say)

Love the rocky features in this valley surrounded by cliffs

My FJR loves the roads around here as well.

So do I.

But more than that, I love the feeling that great, last, end of the season ride would give me...the memories that would need to last the winter. I've moved south now, and my riding season is just in full swing...but I will always remember the good feelings and good times started by Smitty141 and Gang. Thanks guys.

Nice pics/post Wheatie. I think it's safe to say that a great time was had by all sans the minor moss induced get offs. Here's some of the very few pics I got that actually came out half way decent.

These three pics are my best impression of a panoramic view. This was a pull out view while enroute to Harrison.

IMG_2277_zps9xzfooha.jpg

IMG_2278_zpsakkfa7ju.jpg

IMG_2279_zpsbht5jgoq.jpg

If you guessed eastern Oklahoma you would be correct. This was Petey's recommended route Hwy 259, it's part of the Ouachita Nat'l Forest. All I can say is the man knows how to pick em!

IMG_2275_zpsopuq1ygi.jpg

Friday was a real hoot. I tagged along with Oface, Petey, Gramps, and Wheaton. Those guys are some great riders that made me work hard to try and keep up, and that's when they were just loafing, forget about after they were warmed up like on Push Mountain lol. I had sore hands from pushing handlebars at the end of the day from all that fun. I've been told that if your hand is sore, just switch hands, but what do you do when both hands hurt and you're hanging on for dear life? What a great group of guys and a pleasure to share some fun miles with them.

On Saturday, another great group of guys to ride with, GruntUSMC, pjrep4, and I rode along with Griff up to Missouri for some TOH stuff. Petey picked another winner, Hwy 248 west out of Branson, wow what a fun and beautiful road that is. We wound up on hwy 49 north, picked up hwy 44 east, I lost track, but somewhere in all of that we got to see a bit of wonderful Missouri countryside including some fun up and down whoop de doo's in between cutting back over toward Springfield. We finished the day out by riding south back into Arkansas on Hwy 125, yet another fun packed and scenic road, which took us to the ferry that carried us back across the White river.

The bikes, (and us) taking a welcome rest from the day's activities. If you look closely, you can see Griff, pjrep4, and GruntUSMC. We had the boat all to ourselves.

IMG_2294_zpsmmqaortf.jpg

As all good things must come to an end, Sunday found many of us packing up our gear and heading for home. Zzzip, who I discovered is a really great guy, and I were room mates for this meet, and he was looking to ride to Dallas to visit some family. I thought well what a coincidence, I'm headed that way too, let's ride! So off we went dark and early Sunday morning southward to Clarksville, west to Ft Smith, then south again on the same hwy 259 that brought me up to Harrison in the first place. I forgot to mention that there is a section of some seriously fun twisties just north of where I took those pictures above. We got through that, and the rest was pretty much droning back to the house, only this time my mind was was better occupied reminiscing on all the fun times and beautiful scenery of the prior 3 days. Great weather, great roads, great people, great times. Great memories.

With the focus being on riding and the time being short as it was to get down there and back, I only took a few. Here they are with some funny captions.

So Julie, do you think if Allen had this much booze on his bike, Josh could keep up?