Will there be a 2017 CFR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At previous CRF's there was a meeting where somebody got drunk enough to stand up and volunteer to be the next rally master.

Didn't happen this year but If we follow the cycle it should be out East, Any brave souls out there?

Chris

At previous CRF's there was a meeting where somebody got drunk enough to stand up and volunteer to be the next rally master.Didn't happen this year but If we follow the cycle it should be out East, Any brave souls out there?

Chris
Ottawa is east.
rolleyes.gif
East Ontario anyway. I'm totally down for a Newfoundland trip though!

At previous CRF's there was a meeting where somebody got drunk enough to stand up and volunteer to be the next rally master.

Didn't happen this year but If we follow the cycle it should be out East, Any brave souls out there?

Chris
Ottawa is east.
rolleyes.gif
Newfoundland was done in 2014 - Not a big turnout. Venue is a bit remote for some and there isn't a concentrated area with a bunch of nice roads. Lots of things to see in Newfoundland but, in my opinion, it doesn't work well for a rally. Wonderful place for a full week (or longer) tour. I have done at least five riding trips to Newfoundland in the past 10 years or so.

Big thread on the discussion:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/151375-2014-rumours-cfr-on-da-rock/

Chris
Ottawa is east.
rolleyes.gif
Newfoundland was done in 2014 - Not a big turnout. Venue is a bit remote for some and there isn't a concentrated area with a bunch of nice roads. Lots of things to see in Newfoundland but, in my opinion, it doesn't work well for a rally. Wonderful place for a full week (or longer) tour. I have done at least five riding trips to Newfoundland in the past 10 years or so.

Big thread on the discussion:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/151375-2014-rumours-cfr-on-da-rock/
I'm down with anywhere on the east coast. Really. Even Bathurst. Ok, I'm just kidding, not Bathurst. But pretty much anywhere else!

Amherst, NS would be nice and central to lots of stuff..... we need to con ask one the local scouts to check if there's a decent venue.

Freddy on the way in (heard there was a nice girl there), Bathurst and the Gaspe loop on the long way home.....

Agree the Nfld. trip is its own adventure.

I would suggest the Super 8 located at 40 Lord Amherst Drive.

There are several very nice day run loops that can be mapped from there.

I never would have thought of Amherst as a CFR location but you might be on to something old wise one.

You have the Glooscap Trail on one side and the Sunrise Trail on the other.

Halifax is only a couple of hours away if anyone wanted to tour the city and then the Cabot Trail could be done before or after the rally.

Canadian FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
How about the Comfort Inn in Amherst ? Website have room price better than Super 8 and walking distance to more food options.

My suggestion that is if I get an invite.

Mr. Canoehead,

May be headed your way for work in a few weeks. Not on the feej, unfortunately.

Our office is out by the airport. Beverage maybe?

Mr. Canoehead, It will be out West in 2018.

CFR has an informal rule that it rotates Central, then East, then West.

Have to say though westward has me thinking of west of Calgary towards BC
punk.gif

Chris

East ,West, Central .... All good. As long as I have an excuse to ride and update that ride every few years or so.

Thinking about a trade in.

What do you think I could get for two 03's and a Wing ?

I think movin on up to at least a 15 is in order.

Or I could start a museum.

Keep changing the venue, That way the pillion can never say, " Been there done that... "

:)