Speaker ear plugs for motorcycles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza

Reaction score
Anyone use these with success to play music while riding. I tried the earphones that came with my cell and they were a total waste of time. Any recommendations please.Gazza

Shure makes some for around $100 that work pretty good. Available at Guitar Center and other music related places.

This is really a personal preference. Low profile (short bodied) ear buds work best for me. I bought a pair of the Shure SE215s and they are great set of ear buds. I struggle getting my helmet on with them. I went back to using the short bodied sennheisers.

Shure is what I use and are excellent . Wirecutter.com now recommends the new Bose as the best noise cancelling IEM's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shure 215k. I use foam plugs and n-com most of the time, but I honestly like the sound blocking and music quality of my shures better.

Etymotic MC5 are great. Good sound quality (not audiophile quality), all day comfort in my case, and superb noise reduction.

Check out Big Ears...they are custom molded to your ears, they insert fully and are flat so your helmet won't hang up on them..and the sound quality is great, with transducers inside the ear piece. A bit pricey, but if they will last you for years.

Check out Big Ears...they are custom molded to your ears, they insert fully and are flat so your helmet won't hang up on them..and the sound quality is great, with transducers inside the ear piece. A bit pricey, but if they will last you for years.

+1 on Big Ears, their pricey, but comfortable.

Once they have your ear molds on file. Then replacement is a breeze!

i have the M-2XB Dual With Extra Bass, have been very pleased with them.

https://www.fit-ear.com/store/p26/M-2XB_Dual_With_Extra_Bass.html

Also have Big Ears and highly recommend them. I could never get any of the off-the-shelf earplug speakers to fit right in my ears so I went the custom molded route. I am on my second pair and it was very convenient that they kept my ear molds on file for over 5 years.

i have the M-2XB Dual With Extra Bass, have been very pleased with them.

https://www.fit-ear.com/store/p26/M-2XB_Dual_With_Extra_Bass.html
Those also look like a great quality product.

I will check them out at AZ Bike Week in April 2017.

As stated above and in the linked thread, everyone has their own set up. Mine is skull candy ear buds in Radian custom molded ear plugs.

I have a Sena SMH10 used with in helmet speakers. I wear medium dampening ear plugs. Works well. I use to use earbuds. Had a set of Klipsch earbuds I really liked. The only issue I had is the left one would eventually fall out on long rides. Not an issue with an half helmet, but annoying with the full. Never had an issue with ear plugs.