R1 shift arm mod on 2015 FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V2win

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the R1 shift arm mod on a late model FJR? I had installed one on my 05 fjr and liked it and was wanting to know if there was any issue with it on the 15 fjr I have now. The part numbers for the 05 and 15 are different. Thanks in advance.

It should work, Yamaha changes part # for the same part, I don't think much difference from gen 2, I have it on m 09.

that's the one I used on my '06..should work...

shorter arm, noticeably quicker shift...

I guess that's a trade-off: shorter arm makes it shift faster but more force needs to be applied to make it move.

You guys need your FJR to shift faster? ............... Apparently, I REALLY ride like a grandma.

You guys need your FJR to shift faster? ............... Apparently, I REALLY ride like a grandma.
Hey. There was nothing wrong with how my grandma used to ride!
wink.png

Art, All you do is remove the arm on the bike and replace with the R1 arm. Adjust and ride.

Grandma Hud, In my original post I stated "I liked it". I never suggested you should too.
smile.png

It's not the lever that you put your toe under it is the lever at the other end of the linkage that goes into the transmission case.