North GA Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lumberg

Merica
Reaction score
I don't do group rides normally, but a group of 8 or so of us that know each other from work went on a ride today. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Only sketchy moment was when the lone HD guy got so close to an FJR at a light he had to look to make sure he hadn't run into the FJR in front of him. Got to watch a couple of folks figure out that what works (gear wise) in the cold for a local trip or short commute does not translate well to hours of riding. I usually don't think about helmet intercom. My wife's and my helemts are connected and they're all I worry about. I made sure I refreshed my memory on how to pair my helmet with others, even though I wasn't looking forward to doing so. The other two more seasoned riders turned out to have Wings, and their only comms were corded CB radio. The irony. If there was a quick, simple way to add cb, I'd add it. I was just surprised that it was still in use. I'd like to have the option and info for LD runs, but without a way to tie it into my Bluetooth comms, not looking likely.

Last edited by a moderator: