Recommend a Photo Hosting Site?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
Spud recently posted about how Photobucket was kind of jerking him around, and several others seemed to be having the same problem. In fact, the thread went right to rants about PB. Guess it's been simmering for quite a while.

They changed their format some time ago and made it a lot harder to find pictures that had been previously loaded, which was the main thing I've been finding more and more annoying. But now I can't even seem to log on, and every pic I've ever put on here came from PB. Tried logging on with Facebook, same deal. As others complained in Spud's thread, I could get to the library but then kicked back to the login page. Every damn time.

So I started this new thread, not to bitch about Photobucket, but to look for a good alternative. So even though all I've done so far is bitch about Photobucket, I'd like to get input about OTHER hosting sites that meet the criteria I used to like about Photobucket. Things like:

1. Free

2. Easy to use, easy to find something posted previously, and easy to create separate groups, like everything from one trip, or everything about one subject, even if not taken at the same time.

3. Free

4. Anything else you like about whatever you're recommending.

I'd like it to be free, too. They can sell advertising. You don't need to buy the stuff, right?

Watching this. There appears to be several sites out there:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_image-sharing_websites

I am currently trying out this site:

https://postimg.org

Took only a few moments to post a photo:

IMG_2126.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For your list of requirements, you might consider imgur.com. It's free, you can group uploads into albums, and the individual photos in an album can also be accessed individually with a unique URL, it's free, and it's been around a while. It's one of the primary image hosting sites for Reddit, a big, mostly open (almost to the point of anarchy) social media site, so it gets a lot of use.

Ok...the postimage.org site works well for me. (Using my IPhone)

No ads, quick page to all links. Keeps me logged in even if I close their link.

IMG_2122.jpg

It's more of a hassle editing my post to add the "img things"... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember that nothing is ever really "free." And even if it's no-cost, how long do you think they'll stick around, and be as good as you want them to be?

Look what happened to photobucket....