Last Ride of the Year: Stagecoach Cafe

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Hud

Just another blob of protoplasm using up your oxyg
Reaction score
Has anyone got an inside line on this annual ride? I can't find the website today, although I found last year's website several times a few weeks ago.

Weather kept me away last year, but it's always a fun event (not for the food) and it would be a shame if it melted away into nothingness.

I suppose one could saddle up and ride to Stockton anyway ....

I hope I am not breaking any rules, but here:

(6) Stagecoach XX - The Annual Last Ride of the Year

In a nutshell Dec. 30th 7 am - 2 pm

52860 State Highway 59 Stockton, AL

In addition to this, I attend the "Streets" dinner the night before hosted by the Motorcycle Tourers forum (MTF)

John H. is the fairly new host of "Stagecoach" I like to arrive the evening prior and stay overnight. The dinner for me is quite special too.

Host Motel is usually:

Bay Minette Location: Windwood Inn | Brent & Bay Minette, AL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hud, we both chickened out last year, but I will attempt to make it down this year.

Tony, I am assuming I will see you there.

RFlagg42 posted: Hud, we both chickened out last year, but I will attempt to make it down this year.
RFlagg42, we both "chickened out" due to very cold and very wet weather, but yes, we elected not to go. I am planning on riding south again this year, and may be accompanied by one or more SC-based FJRs.

101stpathfinder, I am not an MTF member, so will not crash you guys' party. I am sure you're not breaking any rules by publicizing the Stagecoach Run.

If anybody wants to meet in metro Atlanta to pick up a riding partner, post up or PM me. It's an easy 5-hour ride, except for the crazy Interstate exit in Montgomery.

I will not know for sure until the last minute. Christmas season in the Post Office is a beach.

Yesterday marked the start of my 30th year of ruined Christmas seasons.

Oh to be retired…
rolleyes.gif

I'm going to be in Destin for New Year's again this year. But planning on riding the bike down, half assed weather permitting. If so, I'll definitely ease over to Stagecoach on the 30th! Y'all keep me posted if you lock it in.

RFlagg42 posted: Hud, we both chickened out last year, but I will attempt to make it down this year.
RFlagg42, we both "chickened out" due to very cold and very wet weather, but yes, we elected not to go. I am planning on riding south again this year, and may be accompanied by one or more SC-based FJRs.

101stpathfinder, I am not an MTF member, so will not crash you guys' party. I am sure you're not breaking any rules by publicizing the Stagecoach Run.

If anybody wants to meet in metro Atlanta to pick up a riding partner, post up or PM me. It's an easy 5-hour ride, except for the crazy Interstate exit in Montgomery.
Uncle Hud, I am the incoming President of the Motorcycle Tourier's Forum, (January 1), and believe me, you can't "crash" an MTF event. All are welcome and there is no formal membership. The joke is that if you post once on the forum you are a member for life and can't resign.

I plan to leave the Charlotte NC area early on Friday and will be passing through Atlanta. If you want to meet up somewhere I would be happy to try to keep up with you on the way down.

PM sent to Mr. President-Elect.

FJRBandit posted: Y'all keep me posted if you lock it in.
Locked in, FJRBandit, unless it turns very cold and very wet at the same time.

PM sent to Mr. President-Elect.
FJRBandit posted: Y'all keep me posted if you lock it in.
Locked in, FJRBandit, unless it turns very cold and very wet at the same time.
I got my days screwed up. I will be going to Alabama on Thursday and returning on Friday. I said wrong in my post and used that as an assumption in my PM to you. Sorry for the mix up. I hope you're plan is the same. I have a room with two beds at the Windwood Inn if you would be interested in splitting.

No prob. It's a day trip from Atlanta (five hours each way), and that's how I'll do it. Mileage is well short of a Saddlesore, unfortunately.

Made it in 2013 and 2014. Weather got me last year. Fingers crossed I can escape NY this year. Hope to see you there. Ken
Will you have your new GPS with you if you do?
LOL That only gives me a couple days to get it wired up as Santa is hand delivering it. Worse case I can throw some batteries in it.

You riders who did not make it last year …

Here is what you missed:

The ride there:

The early arrival:

The conversations:

The crowds:

Hoping for a better turn out.. You fair weather sissy riders.
no.gif

"Streets" dinner the evening prior was the best part last year.

Thanks, 101stpathfinder! Since I am one of those fair-weather sissy riders, it's quite pleasing to see what I missed. Didn't think about the Cafe owners who served a few dozen riders instead of a thousand.

You riders who did not make it last year …

......... You fair weather sissy riders.
no.gif

"Streets" dinner the evening prior was the best part last year.

Ok Tony, you've shamed me into it this year, rain, sleet snow or shine.
grin.gif

See you guys (and ladies) there. Shooting for Streets and Stagecoach.

Actually guys… the headshake icon was to show that quite possibly - You might have made a better judgement

call then I did. I did get to enjoy seeing John H. and also riding there with my friend Jim.

I hope I can make it… although it looks doubtful at this point.

Fingers crossed for good weather (that means mid-50s and sunshine), and for a slowdown in USPS activities in central Florida.