rest in pieces….#3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firus

Reaction score
Well its been a busy bike year in the bike update scene. Traded off my high mileage (165 000 km) 06 fjr for a new Super Teneretime for a change in style, riding position, etc and after a demo ride this spring it seemed like a good idea. Love the super T and rode it to Arizona from Saskatchewannice 4200km ride in sept. Will be back there in 2 weeks for more riding. That left my low mileage 06 (82 000 km) here at home. I love that bike, took me all the way to Cabo last winter, great ride and time. Howeverhit and killed a deer with it 3 weeks ago. My baby was totalled off, even though I managed to ride it to a stop without crashing. Front end and forks messed badly. Was looking at a replacement (would be #4since I used to have an 03)but maybe time for another change. Just brought home a 2015 fj09 ..sport touring lite??. Will see how it works out in springsnowing and way below freezing here now. Seems pretty strange to not have an fjr out in the garagefirst time in 13 years. Kept my bags and trunk and hand guards off the crash bikejust painted them last nite to match the fj09..maybe another fjr in futurewe will see?? the fj is keeping company in the garage with my other backup, an 08 suzuki Bandit which only had 43 000 km. Have a good winter everyone now frequenting the Fj and super Tenere forums also...