2015 mirror extenders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PM Garauld on this forum. I remember seeing them on someone's post. If he doesn't make them, I'm sure he knows who does. He knows everything! :)

Do the SW motech extenders not work for the '15 year model? The only thing that's kept me from getting them is I don't feel like installing them.

Yes, the SW Motech extenders can be made to work on 3rd Gens. Sort of. But they do not do much. They space the mirror forward about as much as outward and really don't improve your view to the rear much.

FZ1 mirrors are a much better choice. Lots of happy people running those on the 3rd Gens. The added advantage to seeing what's behind you instead of your elbows is that they will (somewhat) reduce the likelihood of sub-frame damage in the event of a tip over. The stock mirrors fold back the wrong way (horizontally) where the FZ1's fold up and back.

Here's a thread about mirror extenders. I also mounted some FZ1 mirrors (with no aux light brackets at first) here.

Been running the FZ1 mirrors and LR4 aux lights since the conclusion of that thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of buying a 2015 fjr . Does anyone know if I had to extend them ,,do they sell mirror extenders for 2015?
You may not have to extend them but many do. One option is to swap out for FZ1 mirrors. Direct plug n' play, wide enough that you should be happy and fold up much easier than the FJR's. Not as stylish as the originals but many have been happy. Here's an old write-up but it''ll give you the idea.

Edit* See Fred beat me by a few. Must be the faster red paint he uses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2015 and I don't need extenders. Perhaps you can wait to decide on the extenders until after you get the bike.

I have had both the mirror extenders and the FZ mirrors. The FZ are by far the better choice! I know people say the FZ mirrors don't look as good, and I thought the same thing but once you see the difference you won't care about the looks. Honestly, after having them for a couple years, I like the looks of the FZ mirrors better.

Latest posts