SIN_R (Southern Indiana Ramble, SIR) May 18-21, 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen_C

Reaction score
Looks like the preferred acronym for this ramble is SIN_R! We have dates wwwand venue now with group pricing on the rooms, if we get 10 rooms booked. If less than 10, the price MAY increase about $10/nt. Details are as follows...

Dates: May 18-21 (arrive Thu, ride Fri and Sat, leave Sun)

Hotel: Travelodge Bloomington, 2615 E Third St, Bloomington, IN 47401, 812-339-6191. Room with one King bed is $57.38/nt and Two Queen beds is $65.86/nt. Most rooms include a mini frig and microwave. Group name is "Yamaha"

Camp: For those who want to camp, Paynetown/Monroe Lake Campground, Hwy 446 S, Bloomington, IN, about 15 min away from hotel.

Locality: There are gas stations, restaurants, shops all around.

Routes: New routes are now posted since we found out some roads have closures (thank you jayke for the reconnaissance). There are GPX and TomTom versions in this zip file: SIN_R GPS Files Version 2

Post here as you make your reservations and I will edit this post to include the handles of those attending. If you've never ridden southern Indiana roads because you thing all of Indiana is flat straight and boring, you will be pleasantly surprised! Though not as technical as many of the twisties in NC, there are good roads with sweepers to tight curves. Join some of us local Indiana riders for some fun riding and evening camaraderie!

Attendees:

Allen_C

Cav47

Prestone?

Jayke

Steveoreno

BlacknWhite23

BreezeHill

mi_pjk

bpeters

blrfjr

FjrVfr

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about it....may be able to commit after I find out when my oldest Grandson's HS graduation particulars are set!
bike.gif

This could be a high possibility for me!!!

Depending on work schedule, and what weekend the SEOhio Ramble gets scheduled.

I might just go ahead and book a room anyways....

I will ride down Thursday,Ride Friday and head back that night for qualifications Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be checking the roads the next two months to make sure all is clean and no gravel.

Allen,
Is this ride kind of replacing the SE Ohio ramble? Same time frame there abouts.

Dave
This is not intended as a replacement, just an additional option. Joe is working on setting up SEOR the first week in May.

I live in salem 1 hr south of bloomington i won't need to room. but this sounds exciting! i will keep up with the forum as we get closer to may!