Suggestions for wiring corbin heated seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ga.rider

Reaction score
I dont want to wire it to the battery because I dont want to risk the chance of me leaving it on, it getting bumped on or someone turning it on and me ending up stranded with a dead battery. I dont know what kind of power it draws(driver heat only). Whats my options?

I would connect it to a switched circuit on a fuse block. Install an Eastern Beaver or other brand of fuse block - most of them offer a couple of un-switched circuits in addition to the switched circuits.

If you're only looking for one circuit, a single 30A relay mounted near the tool tray would work fine. For the relay trigger, tap the running light wiring under the LH cover just behind the air cleaner inlet cover. Simple!

--G

I dont want to wire it to the battery because I dont want to risk the chance of me leaving it on, it getting bumped on or someone turning it on and me ending up stranded with a dead battery. I dont know what kind of power it draws(driver heat only). Whats my options?
I have twin heated Corbins on my 2015 ES and wired them into a switched/unswitched fused block (from BMW for $75) onto a switched wire with the Corbin included fuse. The switch block is wired into the battery with a 30amp fuse and also holds my Denalli driving lights and PIAA Dual horns. Never a problem. BTW, the Corbin seats will turn off automatically after an hour, even if you turned them on yourself. So a restart is required anyway after that time. The seat heat is either on or off and there is no variable temp setting and they are quite warm after an initial warming period of 15 to 20 mins.

If you're only looking for one circuit, a single 30A relay mounted near the tool tray would work fine. For the relay trigger, tap the running light wiring under the LH cover just behind the air cleaner inlet cover. Simple!
--G
This sounds like what I am looking for. Cheap and easy.

hope I am not hijacking this thread, but I have a laam heated seat, getting ready to wire it. It came with an on/off switch, but I was wanting to put a rheostat to control the temperature better. Has anyone done this? I was wanting to mount it on the left side below the glove box. I am thinking I need a waterproof one, and I am having a harder time locating this than I thought I would. thanks, John

John

My Bill Mayer seat is heated, and it's been on all three of my FJRs. I used a Heat Troller to regulate the warmth. It's one of the best investments I've made for the bike. The Heat Troller is the one rated for heated grips, and has the remote knob that I mounted on the left dash on the painted portion to the rear of the glove box. The actual controller resides under the seat right next to the FuzeBox. I used a GM WeatherPak connector to the seat pigtail.

The Heat Troller is much better than a rheostat because it controls the Heat by regulating the ON time per pulse cycle, not by heating up a variable resister. 15% on time per one second cycle means that approximately 85% of that second there is no power draw. That's much easier on the electrical system and will allow you to allocate the available power to other devices. I seldom run it much higher than 15% because the seat gets plenty warm.

Brodie

🙂

I still haven't wired the Corbin yet. It's been in the 70s-80s the last few weeks so hasn't been a priority. Probably a moot point in s ga anyway but I got a great deal on the seat so I might as well wire it up.

Brodie, where can I find a heat troller? Sounds like the perfect switch that I need. Thanks, John

S.Ga.Rider, suppose to snow this weekend in the nc mountains, bet it will be cold that way also, at least for a day or 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.warmnsafe.com/heat-trollers

This guy invented them, he's got a lot to choose from. I used this one...

https://www.warmnsafe.com/single-handgrip-seat-heat-troller-relay-fuse/

SHGNEW__43193.1331783499.1280.1280.jpg

The unit resides under my drivers seat, it's on/off knob mounted on the painted part of my dash to the rear of the glove box just in front of my left knee. When I turn it on the flashing indicator light is just below my line of sight obscured by the chin bar of my helmet. I look down to see it, but it's not a distraction when I'm paying attention to the road. The other two knobs are for my heated gear dual Heat Troller.

DSC01465.jpg

Hope this helps.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator: