Last ride of the year-video

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDogRaven

Reaction score
Here in CA, we can ride pretty much year round. Yesterday, I went over Mt Hamilton East of San Jose CA. Basically, in my backyard. This is a very twisty, technical road, but super fun. It can get busy with lots of cyclists in summer. I caught this on a great day, great weather, and almost had the road to myself. I have had my Sena 10C for quite a while, taken lots of video. This is my 1st YouTube upload though. Just me, on the twisties.

If you are not fond of heavy music, may want to turn off sound.......

Happy New Year fellow FJR riders!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good vids, Jeff. That's a really fun road--not fast, but more twists than half a dozen Dragons. And the west side, heading down toward San Jose, is at least as twisty as the climb up from the valley. The Lick observatory up top is fun to go through. I'd like to go there some night when they have public viewing, but the ride--or drive--back down in the dark keeps me safe indoors.

As a Floridian… I am breaking out in cold sweats just watching the videos.
weirdsmiley.gif

Twists and elevation changes are something we do not have here.

Looked like fun though !

Thanks for posting.

Amazing road, thx for sharing. Very very very jelly that u guys can ride at this time :)

Nice... I'm in South San Jose and I can look out across town and see Mt. Hamilton and the Observatory at the top. I haven't been to the top in at least 10 yrs and I've never ridden out past it towards the Livermore/Tracy area. I know... haha.. I need to get out more (I mostly commute these days) so I'll put it on my list for this Spring. That narrow, twisting road can get busy with traffic and bicycles in the summer so it looks like you timed it right. thanks for posting.. good to hear from local rider.

Regards,

Mr. BR

Nice... I'm in South San Jose and I can look out across town and see Mt. Hamilton and the Observatory at the top. I haven't been to the top in at least 10 yrs and I've never ridden out past it towards the Livermore/Tracy area. I know... haha.. I need to get out more (I mostly commute these days) so I'll put it on my list for this Spring. That narrow, twisting road can get busy with traffic and bicycles in the summer so it looks like you timed it right. thanks for posting.. good to hear from local rider.Regards,

Mr. BR
Uh, you live in SJ and have not been up and over Mt Ham???? Blasphemy. :)

Yes, timing is key on this road. All the way at the top, there is The Junction, a great bar/grill/gathering spot for riders and cyclists. Place has new owners and is really nice and has good food. A run to The Junction from SJ is a fun ride. I actually have uploaded quite a few more vids. I have learned to edit them a bit, cut out wind noise, etc. Still learning, but I have some better ones up now. Thx for watching.