MoonShine Lunch Run 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a room holding at Lincoln Suites and vacation days for the week secured but we're still kicking it around. After having to cut it short last year and scrambling to avoid the snow blocking our way home we're wondering if another more southernly destination (like maybe Barber?) might pull us away.

No worries.

This is South Central Illinois in April. Your chances are it will be Warm, Dry, & Sunny, or Cold, Wet, & Miserable.

Yep, I saw you on the rider list when I was curious about the few number of FJR's. Only three out of 50+ so far. You, me and Hammer Down Brown (MTF Prez). Interesting. It looks like the ST Owners and Goldwing groups must be doing group meets at Moonshine this year........

I plan on arriving early Saturday although I may swing by Friday after work......

I think the high I saw last year was 42 degrees.

Yep, I saw you on the rider list when I was curious about the few number of FJR's. Only three out of 50+ so far. You, me and Hammer Down Brown (MTF Prez). Interesting. It looks like the ST Owners and Goldwing groups must be doing group meets at Moonshine this year........
I am planning to lead a small posse to the J&R Tavern for a fried bologna sandwich on Wednesday before Moonshine and the eat Thursday lunch at Wagner's village inn in Oldenburg Indiana. Perhaps you want to gather a posse of your own and join in.

I don't understand why the little restaurant in Oilfield, Illinois is never open the Moonshine weekend? It looks like a cool place and I have heard they have excellent food.

We have a room holding at Lincoln Suites and vacation days for the week secured but we're still kicking it around. After having to cut it short last year and scrambling to avoid the snow blocking our way home we're wondering if another more southernly destination (like maybe Barber?) might pull us away.
It's been a very mild winter here in the midwest and boys basketball sectionals are out of the way so it should be way warmer than last year's event besides you don't want to miss out on the world's largest mailbox, windchimes and pencil in Casey, Illinois!

0 dark thirty tomorrow morning.

On my way to MoonShine, looking to find RT 66 Along the way.

Planned first overnight.

IMG_5533.JPG-nggid03373-ngg0dyn-350x211x100-00f0w010c010r110f110r010t010.JPG

Right after lunch at Jason Garver's shop, on Friday, I'm going to Arthur, IL to Dick's Pharmacy for an old time soda shop experience. I will also be stopping at the Amish meat market just south of town for a pack of Amish meat sticks. Anyone who wants to go along is welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right after lunch at Jason Garver's shop, on Friday, I'm going to Arthur, IL to Dick's Pharmacy for an old time soda shop experience. I will also be stopping at the Amish meat market just south of town for a pack of Amish meat sticks. Anyone who wants to go along is welcome.
+1

Anybody know if they still have elephant ears at the Cole County Airport?

Lots of good eats at or near MoonShine.

Last edited by a moderator:
The

+1

Anybody know if they still have elephant ears at the Cole County Airport?

Lots of good eats at or near MoonShine.
The last time I was at Cole Country Airport we had elephant ears but they won't be better than the Bowlen brothers barbecue at Jason's shop.

I'll be riding down Friday from Minnesota. Looking forward to chatting with some other FJR owners. I'm still deciding what exhaust I want for my '16, so I'm hoping to be able to hear a few different ones.