Anyone change to white gauge faces?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeames

Reaction score
I found an Ebay store that sells white gauge faces for some years of FJR, but didn't list mine (2012). I have an email to the asking if they do make them in MPH format for my 2012 FJR1300.

Anyway, these appear to be actual gauge faces, vs. stickers that you apply to you current gauge face.

Has anyone on here tried to change your gauge face to a different color?

If so, how involved was it?

Are you happy with the change?

I did a search, but only found a thread from 2010... Any updates?

It has been done, but it's been a long time, and mostly to Gen1 bikes. Some had a tendency to bubble the guages, so they replaced them with aftermarket. About as involved as taking off the front facia, and taking the dash apart. Not easy, but not rocket science.

Maybe the Ebay guy will get back to me and let me know whether they have them for my year. Otherwise I guess it's a moot point.

I had a 1998 Goldwing it had white gauge faces they only did that for a year or so cause they didnt show up good after dark.

I used to work for an instrumentation company. Be warned that the pointers are usually friction fit onto the stepper motors that drive them. We always threw out pointers that had to be taken off. They can be reused in most circumstances, but they can have slippage in the rotation.