Split: FZ1 mirrors on 2016?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grnarrowe

Reaction score
Will the FZ1 mirrors work on a 2016? I had them on my 05 and they were great. The mirrors on the 16 are great for looking at my elbows again.

Will the FZ1 mirrors work on a 2016? I had them on my 05 and they were great. The mirrors on the 16 are great for looking at my elbows again.
grnarrowe, if you put the FZ1 mirrors on your 2016, would you take pictures? I am considering these mirrors for my 2015. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
grnarrowe, if you put the FZ1 mirrors on your 2016, would you take pictures? I am considering these mirrors for my 2015. Thanks!
Send me an email, [email protected] and I will reply with pics of the FZ1 mirrors on my 2014. Keep in mind you need to shape a spacer between the plastic recess and the mirror base. I used 1/8" rubber. Looks OEM good. I have not figured out how to resize pics to satisfy the forum's capability.

It's buried in a thread that I started about mirror spacers, but after I gave up on spacing the 2nd/3rd Gen mirrors out, I posted some photos of mounting the FZ1 mirrors on my 3rd Gen 2014 here:
FZ1 Mirrors on 3rd Gen FJR
Question Fred... what year OEM FZ1 mirrors fit on the gen3's? Or doesn't it matter?

Thanks...

5LV-26280-00-00 - Left

5LV-26290-00-00 - Right

Found them for 72.50 each. Think I'll go to Nielsen's where I bought the 16 and see if I can get them a little cheaper.

And thanks to all for your help.

Found them for 72.50 each. Think I'll go to Nielsen's where I bought the 16 and see if I can get them a little cheaper.
Or try the various Parts and Farkles sources a forum member conveniently arranged for you to comparison shop in the FAQ section... Almost always beat local dealers. ;)

Or try the various Parts and Farkles sources a forum member conveniently arranged for you to comparison shop in the FAQ section... Almost always beat local dealers.
wink.png
Did this and ordered them for 72.45 each. Should have them next week.

Thanks to all and I will post pics when done.

are 2016 & 2017 mirrors the same? just went to the dealer to start shopping for a replacement for my 05. ... Mirrors on 2017 look totally different, and recess doesnt look at all like 2005. ... Also, it seems like 2017 mirrors do not "fold all the way back" ? ..... Did the fz1 mirrors fit on your 2016?

The mirrors are the same (except color) from 2006 on. In 2013 the front faring shape totally changed for the 3rd Gen, which created some little recessed areas that the mirrors now mount in. The 2017 faring and mirrors are the same as all 3rd Gens (2013 on)

Click the below link to see how the FZ1 mirrors fit in the 3rd Gen faring recesses.

FZ1 Mirrors on 3rd Gen FJR

So I got the mirrors and a Heli bar riser for the bike.

With this having linked ABS brakes and the need to lengthen the brake line, which is included, I decided that it would be best to have my dealer install the Heli bars and while they had it do the mirrors as well.

I know, not the same as doing it yourself, but it was easier.

First, the before pictures.

DSCF3840-L.jpg

DSCF3841-L.jpg

DSCF3842-L.jpg

DSCF3843-M.jpg

DSCF3844-M.jpg

For the new FZ1 mirrors I got some rubber material from Art Miller, thanks Art, for spacers. I cut a template out of paper laid it on the rubber

and cut it out.

DSCF3838-M.jpg

I used a drill for the holes. If you have a punch press or access to one, that would work as well.

DSCF3839-M.jpg

Now with the spacers in place it's time for install.

And like I said earlier, I cheated.

DSCF3853-L.jpg

This looks much better and I can see behind me.

DSCF3855-L.jpg

DSCF3856-L.jpg

DSCF3857-L.jpg

It's not 100% factory looking but it is real close.

As for the Heli bars just on the ride home from the dealer I could feel the difference. It has the right up and back length needed and I still can adjust them if needed.

DSCF3859-L.jpg

DSCF3860-L.jpg

They provide the hose to lengthen the brake line, this is why I did not do this farkle.

DSCF3864-L.jpg

I also got a ram mount for the Heli Bar so I can run my GoPro. I have another for the handle bar which I'll put on before to long.

DSCF3874-L.jpg

DSCF3876-L.jpg

And the last thing I did so far was to have the seat re-done by Seth Laam.

I got the seat back on April 27, I have had it a week and only ridden it twice since then, weather not cooperating round here.

But it is comfy so far, more on this later.

DSCF3872-L.jpg

DSCF3862-L.jpg

Again, thanks to all here for your help and knowledge on all things FJR.
bike.gif
Let's ride!