FZ-1 FuzeBlock Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyMike

Reaction score
Please excuse me but I am electrically challenged. I have 2 questions...

1) I am installing a FZ-1 fuseblock and was wondering if someone might have a picture of their install and the tail light wire that they "positapped" for switched power?

2) Can I connect my leads for my Battery Tender to the fuse block and charge my battery? It will keep it neater at the battery terminals.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

From the Fuzeblock website:

Can I Connect a trickle charger/battery tender cable to the Fuzeblock?You can charge the battery via a trickle charger or battery tender by connecting the charging pigtail to a constant circuit on the Fuzeblock.

Make sure that it is fused properly for the charging unit which is typically less than a few amps.

From the Fuzeblock website:
Can I Connect a trickle charger/battery tender cable to the Fuzeblock?You can charge the battery via a trickle charger or battery tender by connecting the charging pigtail to a constant circuit on the Fuzeblock.

Make sure that it is fused properly for the charging unit which is typically less than a few amps.
Gracias. I found my other answer by doing some searching. Flame On!

The connection for the plug to the tail light is behind the left side cover. I had Bernard at Vizi-tec ([email protected]) add a trigger wire to my brake light module harness when I ordered it for this application.

https://www.vizi-tec.com/

Vizitec%20mod%20wire_zpskqfkxvsb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You asked for a picture, so here ya go:

IMG_0811_zps00ea2020.jpg

As can be seen, I ran my battery tender through the Fuze Bloc. It worked fine, but I ended up moving it to the battery to free up a switched circuit on the Fuze Bloc.

In order to connect the battery tender to the fuzeblock, I'm assuming you would just cut off the ring terminals and screw the + and - wires into their respective slots on the fuzeblock correct?

That is correct. Because I use that SAE connector for both my battery tender and my air compressor, that circuit fuse is set for "hot all of the time".

That's how I did mine too. I'm waiting for my lights from LED Rider to arrive so I can get this project done and get back to riding. After my Devil's Tower Bun Burner, I definitely wanted the aux lights for nights out west.

I mounted mine in the rear tail section I don't use the area and it is out of the way. It fits like it was made for it to go here.

IMG_2743_zpsnxej5kf6.jpg

I just pulled mine out from under the seat and moved it back there. Other than extending the harness it works out better since I get to keep my compressor and tire tools under the seat. This weekend I'm mounting the LR5's with a Skene controller. This could be a disaster but I've found threads to help me out.

Let me ask a couple of follow-up questions:

1. If you are installing the battery tender directly to the fuzblock, do you need to keep the fuse thats already on the tender harness or can you completely cut it away since you are using the fuse on the fuzeblock?

2. I intend to use the battery tender cable to power up a "power box" that I am ordering. Here is the link: https://farklebar.com/power-box.aspx. The description indicates that a battery connector cable is included with a 15amp fuse. So. if my above question is correct, I could cut off that fuse and just install a 15amp fuse on the fuzeblock directly? or should I just be redundant and add leave the fuse on the tender wire AND add one to the fuzeblock?

3. If I currently have a battery tender wire that comes with a 7.5amp fuse, can I just change that to a 15amp fuse and move forward with using it to power the "powerbox"? Can the cable handle up to 15 amps?

Let me ask a couple of follow-up questions:
1. If you are installing the battery tender directly to the fuzblock, do you need to keep the fuse thats already on the tender harness or can you completely cut it away since you are using the fuse on the fuzeblock? You can use the fuse in the Fuze Block.

2. I intend to use the battery tender cable to power up a "power box" that I am ordering. Here is the link: https://farklebar.com/power-box.aspx. The description indicates that a battery connector cable is included with a 15amp fuse. So. if my above question is correct, I could cut off that fuse and just install a 15amp fuse on the fuzeblock directly? or should I just be redundant and add leave the fuse on the tender wire AND add one to the fuzeblock? No harm in being redundant, it allows future changes, but you will not need both fuses.

3. If I currently have a battery tender wire that comes with a 7.5amp fuse, can I just change that to a 15amp fuse and move forward with using it to power the "powerbox"? Can the cable handle up to 15 amps? Check the gauge of the wire and then look up it's capacity online.

Remember the Fuze Bloc, with the internal relay, has a 30 amp total capacity. If one item on it is rated at 15 amps, then that leaves only 15 amps for all other items you plan to run through it.. Might or might not be a problem for you.

Why not just run that Farkle Bar with the SAE connector straight to the battery, and wire the Fuzebloc separately? That would be simple and effective. That frees up the Fuzebloc for whatever else you want to run without worrying you are exceeding amperage.

By wiring the Farkle Bar through the Fuzebloc, you're taking two separate available power sources and turning them into one.