2017 Tour of Honor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripperMike

Old Yeller - Thanks for the Memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
oceanspringsms.jpg

For those of you riders who just can't come up with enough reasons to get out and ride, here's another excuse to hop on your bike and go.

https://tourofhonor.com/

Part of your participation fee will go to one of three great charities. And for the most part, the places you'll be riding to are places you never would have gone to otherwise.

This'll be just my third year of participating and I'd have to say the previous two were just fantastic.

Good luck Mike!

This will be my 6th, and like you said, it has the tendency to take you to places you might not have gone otherwise. The organizers and state sponsors do a fantastic job of putting this together every year.

Thanks for posting this topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sign up guys. It benefits the folks who stand between chaos and you, and honors those who gave all doing it. And it's a hellofa fun ride. There is no requirement for hardcore riding. You can visit sites as you please. Or you can run your whole state or region in a day, and have completed an IBA sanctioned SS1K. I ran GA in a day last year and it was the high point of my riding year.

Pay attention to memorials in your area and don't be afraid to contact your state sponsor. There was a short news segment in my area a few months back and I contacted the PA sponsor to suggest it for future use. He's going to put it on his list and try to get it in for 2018. It's a memorial that happens to be a young man's Eagle Scout project and I think it would be an awesome way to say thank you not only to the fallen soldiers the memorial represents but also to thank a teenager who cared enough to raise funds, gather donations and approvals and make it happen.

Good luck and safe travels to all my fellow riders.

Mike, I really hope you do not pick up bonus'while you out riding in the end of June/beginning of July.
But Tony, I just so happen to have a couple weeks planned for flower sniffing on the highways and byways at that time. Might be the perfect time to pick up a few memorials. What else have I got do? Sightseeing?

Mine arrived yesterday. I got my flag for Team Strange Love and Merci tour a few weeks back. Anxiously waiting.....

Got my most excellent shirt in the mail today as well. As of this posting there are 415 riders signed up of which 30 of them are Feejers. Unfortunately there are only 5 from MN signed up.

I registered today, Assuming my flag shows up before Friday (it should), I may finish off Montana this weekend, weather permitting.

Flag 548. I did not register last year due to lots of summer committments, but two years ago I did Montana as SS 1000 extreme. Very challenging, more so than the a regular SS1000, since it required 7 picture stops + fuel and rest. I didnt factor those extra stoppages as adding so much time. (and a couple of challenging picture set ups between wind and statue location with regard to rideable terrain.

All for a fantastic cause.

I've been kicking this idea around in my head for awhile. Maybe I'll give it a go this year. Start small and work my way up. Seeing as how I have my son every other weekend my riding season is usually shorter than most. But I think I can handle this...

^ If your son is old enough to ride along this can be a great bonding time and educational experience. Maybe save the locations closest to home for taking him along and go to the farther out memorials on your own. This is my third year and I've learned a lot of things about people and our country's history that we weren't taught in school.

Anxiously awaiting the list....... Safe rides to all of you!