World Record Attempt For Miles Ridden in 24 Hours.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do I sense a tinge of envy.

Doing it on a course makes it at least plausible.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a lot of miles but I don't think it's a record. JSNS
I do believe there are folks in our midst that have exceeded that number.:) :) :)
2,023 miles in 24 hours: Carl Reese prepares to break the motorcycle endurance record

thats an average of 84.29 per hour for 24 hours. crazy !!

And that includes a planned tire change and at least four, maybe five gas stops. I think he said his gas range was 400 miles with aux tank.

One interesting comment: "My bike's getting a little old now, I think it's got about 27,000 miles (43,452 km) on it, so I don't want to push it too hard, either."

I wonder what's up with that?

And that includes a planned tire change and at least four, maybe five gas stops. I think he said his gas range was 400 miles with aux tank.
One interesting comment: "My bike's getting a little old now, I think it's got about 27,000 miles (43,452 km) on it, so I don't want to push it too hard, either."

I wonder what's up with that?
Can you imagine anyone on this forum saying their bike is getting "a little old" at 27,000 miles?

*yawn* I'd say a little research might be in order for this "new" world record attempt...this dude must live in a cave!

--G

I don't know. I thought it was interesting. Was surprised a tire change was needed during a 2,000 mile ride.

Running 100+ mph on a big closed course sounds like a lot of fun. I obviously don't know if my bike goes 100 mph because I don't have access to a closed course.

I guess the only way to do it legally is to use a closed course. I really am not impressed. He'll do it easily under those conditions if his bike does not break. Maybe the reason he states that his BMW is getting on in miles at such a low mileage is to prepare us for the breakdown if it comes.

As staff at a rally held in central Nevada, I've personally certified three FJR riders with 24 hour mileage totals that exceed this 'world record', using procedures approved by the leading long distance motorcycle certification organization.

I can only imagine the mileage totals that those riders could have completed on a closed course.

I think the "World Record" he is trying to beat is the "Official" Guinness record. I won't dispute that others may have done more miles than this but I haven't found specific credible evidence on the Internet. (My Google-fu isn't necessarily that strong)

In any case, the closed course thing isn't exciting.

I relate this to his cross country ride. Will the record books show the names of his support team as well? My personal opinion is that he likes his name in print as opposed to actual record breaking. YMMV of course.

jerry.gif
jerry.gif
Waiting for the flames to ignight from the final drive.

jerry.gif