2017-02-19 - A silly little local ride to see how Anakee Wilds handle the dirt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
2017-02-19

A silly little local ride to see how the new Anakee Wilds handle the dirt.

Pretty good looking tire.

A big storm blew through here last Friday. The Hondarosa still has a tree on top of the water tank..

Sign down.

Huer Huero with water! Been YEARS!

Even the West Branch!

See?

Been a long time..

The Salinas river, bank to bank! Normally this an underground river.

Trees in bloom!

EG Lewis building, Atascadero.

Atascadero Lake is full.

HiWay 41 to Morro Bay is now open too.

The slide area.

Short and sweet RR.

DCarver, isn't it a treat to see water flowing where it's either been non-existent or very low for the last 5 years? I went fly fishing on Wed on the lower Stanislaus River and took J59 north from Merced through Snelling and La Grange crossing over both the Merced and the Toulumne Rivers, and they had more water in them than I remember seeing in many, many years. Every little nook and cranny in the foothills has water running down it - awesome!!

Going to be a great year for filling reservoirs, rebuilding the depleted water table (yes I know that will take time but at least we are off to a great start) and having green foothills and lush mountains. We may not be able to hit our fave fly fishing spots until fall, but it's a trade off I'll take for abundant water/snow. Probably means I'll just have more seat time on the FJR....

Biknflyfisher

Here's just one of many issues...

1.jpg

DCarver, isn't it a treat to see water flowing where it's either been non-existent or very low for the last 5 years? I went fly fishing on Wed on the lower Stanislaus River and took J59 north from Merced through Snelling and La Grange crossing over both the Merced and the Toulumne Rivers, and they had more water in them than I remember seeing in many, many years. Every little nook and cranny in the foothills has water running down it - awesome!!Going to be a great year for filling reservoirs, rebuilding the depleted water table (yes I know that will take time but at least we are off to a great start) and having green foothills and lush mountains. We may not be able to hit our fave fly fishing spots until fall, but it's a trade off I'll take for abundant water/snow. Probably means I'll just have more seat time on the FJR....

Biknflyfisher
Sounds like you had a nice ride, but I'd steer clear of that La Grange place. Spend too much time around there and you're liable to end up retiring, riding a dirt bike and shaving infrequently.
DC, where's the dirt pics? You do know that pulling off on the shoulder to snap a pic won't cut it. ;) . We need to see mud on the underside of thems fenders.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you don't see any pics of dirt it's cause the dirt is gnarly and I need both hands on the bars! :whistle: