Cards for "Pops"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
As you may have read in the Yosemite thread RedfishHunter's dad had a bit of a get off this week but thanks to some quick thinking by hppants (giant kudos to you Joey), Pops is getting the care he needs in the hospital.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/167440-yfo-2017-yosemite-and-beyond-june-1-3-2017/?p=1355659

Redfish has always posted fine ride reports of him and his Pops out and about and though I haven't had the pleasure of meeting them in person I do feel I know them a little bit from the RR's.

Being we are all somewhat of an extended family I felt Pops could use some get well encouragement from us motorcycle type people scattered about the planet. As you can see from his post in the other sandbox he didn't ask for this...I did. And I am asking you fine people to pick a card or pen this week and send some positive mojo to Pops.

Quoting Redfish....

My friends, my dear, dear friends, you don't have to do any of this.

If you feel you need to send him a card, please send it to me, I will see that he gets it.

Andrew Lewis
37419 Alice Braud Lane
Prairieville, LA, 70769

Please, do not go out of your way on this. He has been kept up to speed on the forum support.

After my deer strike 4 years ago I still have fond memories off all the well wishes I received from my forum friends. Let's flood his mailbox this week, it'll do them both some good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, you don't have to do this. But I will not lie, when he read the card that Marty/0face sent him, he was touched. He could not express his appreciation and I truly cannot either.

For those of you that don't know, the Ride Report by Hppants titled, Make Every Day Count is a pretty good account of what went down. That and some stuff I posted in the Other Sandbox.

You know I'm in.
Thanks Pops, I forgot to mention it was the other Pops who biffed it. No mail yesterday so it's not too late to send the cards folks!

I was sorely disappointed I couldn't find a get well card with a well endowed model to cheer him up, what's with the card makers?

Andrew, can your Pop get emailed cards?
He has an email address but he does not have his laptop with him right now. He will eventually get it that way.

If you prefer, email it to me and he will get it/see it when he gets home. And hopefully that will be soon.

[email protected]

I've definitely got something to share with him... will be forthcoming shortly.
wub.png
Words fail me. But that sounds so good I will be willing to crash my FJR to cash in on...whatever that offer is!
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew, can your Pop get emailed cards?
He has an email address but he does not have his laptop with him right now. He will eventually get it that way.

If you prefer, email it to me and he will get it/see it when he gets home. And hopefully that will be soon.

[email protected]

I've definitely got something to share with him... will be forthcoming shortly.
wub.png
Words fail me. But that sounds so good I will be willing to crash my FJR to cash in on...whatever that offer is!
smile.png
But, didn't you already crash yours? On the very first day you had it?
uhoh.gif

My friends, the cards started rolling in today. I will deliver them tomorrow. I cannot thank all of you properly. I will try to do so later.

Pop is doing well, the fluid draining from his chest cavity is much reduced. Hopefully that will dry up enough for us to get him home soon. He is tired of hospital food and hospital life.

My friends, the cards started rolling in today. I will deliver them tomorrow. I cannot thank all of you properly. I will try to do so later.
Pop is doing well, the fluid draining from his chest cavity is much reduced. Hopefully that will dry up enough for us to get him home soon. He is tired of hospital food and hospital life.
That is great news!!

The question we all want to ask but nobody has...

Is the '07 repairable. If not, is he going to get a nice shiny black 2017??

I'm guessing he's still hurting way too much to consider riding right now but I bet he will be twitchy to get going again pretty soon. I never met the man but your descriptions and ride reports tell me that he isn't giving up on it as long as he is physically able to ride! (I don't suppose I would, either.)

Best wishes to Pops!!!

The question we all want to ask but nobody has...
Is the '07 repairable. If not, is he going to get a nice shiny black 2017??

I'm guessing he's still hurting way too much to consider riding right now but I bet he will be twitchy to get going again pretty soon. I never met the man but your descriptions and ride reports tell me that he isn't giving up on it as long as he is physically able to ride! (I don't suppose I would, either.)

Best wishes to Pops!!!
While I am sure the bike was repairable, Pop and I decided to let them total it. It left my house on a flat bed wrecker today.

Yes, he is hurting. He is not hurting too much to be thinking about his Next Bike. I am obligated to see that he considers all available options. I would like for him to look at the BMW R1200RT and he mentioned wanting to look at a Ducati Multistrada. That surprised me.

Money will certainly be a factor. If money is too tight, he will end up with my '15ES and I will buy a new FJR. What I think we both want is for him to get a '16ES. But we are going to explore our options, there are some good, lightly used Gen3s and even some Gen2s that would be very inexpensive.

I am hoping to see him on a '16ES.

If money is too tight, he will end up with my '15ES and I will buy a new FJR. What I think we both want is for him to get a '16ES. But we are going to explore our options, there are some good, lightly used Gen3s and even some Gen2s that would be very inexpensive.
He is lucky to have a good son like you!
punk.gif

He seems to be on the mend quite well. His body will be where his mind is (on an FJR or equivalent) soon enough.
smile.png