Team Lyle Alamo May 12 - 14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripperMike

Old Yeller - Thanks for the Memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Another fantastic opportunity to get out and ride. I know what some of you might be thinking, "riding around in Nevada? How boring is that?". But nooooo it's not. Prior to myself riding in this event, my only experience with riding in NV consisted of Interstates 15 and 80, and yes they are boring. But get off onto the 2 laners in the state and that's where the fun starts.

If you've ever wondered if you were capable of doing a BBG, this is an excellent chance to give it a go.

https://teamlyle-alamoexpress.com/2017/

I am pleased to announce the 2017 Team Lyle Alamo Rally, which will take place May 12 - 14, 2017, starting and ending in Alamo, Nevada.

This is following the successful, record-setting five prior Team Lyle Alamo events, which have produced 4 Saddle Sore 1000, 5 Bun Burner 1500, 34 Bun Burner Gold 1500 and 12 Bun Burner Gold 1800+ rides. In addition, the riders have made quite generous donations to Eddie's Road, which have exceeded all expectations.

Once again, we will be allowing the riders to ride the validated 1,524 mile Base Route, a BBG 1800+ route using the Base Route, or to declare their own route, using all or part of the Base Route.

Thanks to Mike Kneebone, whose suggestions have helped make these Team Lyle Alamo rides a better event. This year riders will be making a donation to Shellys House, an organization that provides transitional housing to women in recovery. They have been awarded the Independent Charities of America Seal of Excellence which makes it a fantastic charity for the Team Lyle Alamo event.

https://www.teamlyle-alamoexpress.com/2017/

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Doug Barrett
IBA #456
Rallymaster

Marc Beaulac
IBA #505
Guest Rallymaster

Brian Casey
IBA #25,366
Routemaster

I'd like to thank Doug and crew for having Shelly's House back to Alamo for another year of fun and games. Last year the riders exceeded all expectations by raising just over $1,000 for my organization.

Shelly's House is a non-profit located in Salem, Oregon. We provide safe, affordable, drug-free housing for women coming out of jail or prison who are at risk of homelessness and struggle with addiction. I began volunteering for the house 9 years ago. You can read more about us at www.shellyshouse.org or show up at Alamo and hear me brag on the organization.

Looking forward to an easy BBG in the Union's Fastest State. Hope you see you there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ackkkkkk! As I was putting this on my calendar and go formally sign up...it's the same weekend as a the U2 concert I bought tickets.

Crap, crap, crap.....

Sorry folks. I'll be more diligent in 2018. So wanted to try my new fuel cell out, support Paul & Shelly's House, etc. I'll be doing the next best thing and send off some contributions.

Have fun and I hope somebody considers the "open class" option. ;)

Latest posts