Tech Day XIV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerGeek99

Yeah, it's a concrete corn cob. So?
Reaction score
It's that time once again for the best damn FJR Tech Day in the midwest!

That's right - it's time for Tech Day XIV!

When: Saturday, April 8, 2017.
Where: Bust's garage in Owosso, MI. If you haven't been to Owosso, you haven't lived.
Casa de Bust doesn't have much room this time around, so Sooze and I will prolly be looking at getting a room at the Comstock Inn again.

Please post up here so that we can keep track of who is going to be doing what to their bikes and if ya want some 'assistance.'

Hopefully it won't snow.

Again.

Oh, yeah - if yer a nOOb, PM me for the address.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to attend this season ... Is it within reason to do a valve check and adjustment if needed ? It is a tad early but would love to get it done and off my radar ... This is one thing I've never done before (on an FJR) so I could definitely use some seasoned assistance/cheering on ...

Would love to attend this season ... Is it within reason to do a valve check and adjustment if needed ? It is a tad early but would love to get it done and off my radar ... This is one thing I've never done before (on an FJR) so I could definitely use some seasoned assistance/cheering on ...
Many valve checks have been done. A coupla things, though:

1. You'll need to either get there Friday so the bike can sit overnight (engine needs to be ice cold), or trailer 'er up and get there as early as you can on Saturday morning.

B. You will need some parts - O-rings (someone around here knows the part numbers) and a jug of coolant. There are a few spare valve cover gaskets floating around, so if that gets nerfed up you should be covered.

IN!

And bringing a pair of Gen2 front forks that could use new seals and fluids. They will be off the bike and probably taking the Trailblazer over Saturday morning.....

Want me to pick up some donuts and pastries Buster?????
punk.gif
punk.gif

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BikerGeek99" data-cid="1356521" data-time="1487878118"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="MrZappo" data-cid="1356519" data-time="1487877184"><p>Would love to attend this season ... Is it within reason to do a valve check and adjustment if needed ? It is a tad early but would love to get it done and off my radar ... This is one thing I've never done before (on an FJR) so I could definitely use some seasoned assistance/cheering on ... </p></blockquote>

<br />

Many valve checks have been done. A coupla things, though:<br />

1. You'll need to either get there Friday so the bike can sit overnight (engine needs to be ice cold), or trailer 'er up and get there as early as you can on Saturday morning.<br />

B. You will need some parts - O-rings (someone around here knows the part numbers) and a jug of coolant. There are a few spare valve cover gaskets floating around, so if that gets nerfed up you should be covered.</p></blockquote>

OK, I can make that happen. Up Friday evening.

Is there a hotel close? For bike to be cool, I'd have to leave it. Get back to hotel some way.

If I can work out this stuff, I'm In with a few tools and perhaps some single malt.

Yikes, it's awful chilly in early April in northern MI. I'm gonna loosely plan to get to this, so i guess I'll say a solid maybe.

OK, I can make that happen. Up Friday evening.
Is there a hotel close? For bike to be cool, I'd have to leave it. Get back to hotel some way.

If I can work out this stuff, I'm In with a few tools and perhaps some single malt.
There are approximately two hotels in Owosso. Sooze and I (and Crump, IIRC) stayed at the Comstock Inn at least one time. Bust said he's gonna talk to the folks at the other hotel.

Either way, yes, there are hotels, and we can figure out transportation to and fro.

And keep an eye on that single malt - one of the Canadians is pretty sneaky.

You're such a tease.

Although, 101stpathfinder rode up from Florida for one of these.

And it was snowing.

Ill be doing a Valve check (Hopefully not an adjustment).

I can assist anyone with any wiring related items while I am there ... Fuseboxes, lighting, things like that ... I have a lot of experience in this area (Primarily due to my advanced age) ...

Hope I can assist someone ...

Regards ...

I can assist anyone with any wiring related items while I am there ... Fuseboxes, lighting, things like that ... I have a lot of experience in this area (Primarily due to my advanced age) ...
There's usually plenty of wiring that needs to be done.