need help SR357

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nottarb

Reaction score
help with seeing difference between SR357 and stock grab rail heat switch on new Seth Laam is up against the stock rail anyone have a comparison have a month to get the bike ready for 10 day trip with my wife

I think you need to find someone with a Gen III who has the Givi rack on it and try your seat for a fit. Must be someone within a reasonable ride from where you live.

If no luck, maybe you can post a photo with the seat on your bike indicating exactly where the problem lies. From that, a SR357 owner may be able to guess whether it would be a problem with that configuration.

Whether or not it gives you enough clearance, the Givi rack is a worthwhile addition. It is rock solid and distributes the weight much better than the stock setup. Much less likely to suffer a cracked subframe due to overload.

I just put a new Seth Laam on my 2014 with the SR357 rack. It is a tight fit, but the seat will go on. If you want to see a photo, PM me your email address.

Be aware that every seat is constructed differently, according to the info you give Seth. Its worth discussing the fit with the Givi rack when you're ordering the seat.

thanks for all your input I'll be using the seat without heat for upcoming trip then it will go back to Seth wish he could/would fix it before we go but he's too busy Sr357 is out!

Anyone seen a Shad rear rack wonder if they are different?

is there a way to post a pic without using a url don't see an option to get pic from computer